MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok folks, someones going to grab the bull by the horns for this NI meeting before the summers over so i'm going to do something about it, and try and organise it with everyones help.

Saturday 5th Augest
Antrim Forum
1pm onwards

Now thats a very central location for everyone to get to. Anyone who is unsure of exact directions can use this handy map below.

http://www.antrim.gov.uk/PubUploads/...rim%20Town.pdf

Can we have this Pin'd to the top so that everyone can see whats happening please?

Any kind of MG/Rover branded car is welcome, be it an old Austin Mini to a Range Rover Sport or a Rover ZT! General rules are keep things sensible, no burnouts/doughnuts etc.

So folks, this acceptable to everyone? Just a casual gathering, and some Rover based chat/fun. Prehaps this could be the first step into regular meetings if everything runs well?

Please contact me via e-mail not PM as my inbox will not handle a couple of dozen peoples messages.

Please leave confirmation you are attending within this notice please so we can judge numbers.

Colin

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Just wanted to ask is it alright to invite themgzr forum site, as there is a northern ireland section there?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quick reminder about this folks, not sure about numbers yet, people have been saying they will be there, but we will see tomorrow!!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My deepest appoligies to everyone regarding tomorrow incase you dont read this in advance. Tonight at 10.30 pm i was in a bad car crash with my Rover, I am reasonably unhurt, however my Rover looks like a write off. Invloved another car, who decided to do a U turn accross four lanes of traffic, while I was behind them, other car is virtually undamaged bar a minor bumper hole in the rear bumper, where is mine is pretty much the entire front end panels and what looks like the drivers side wing mounts wrecked also, not sure if any chassis dammage yet.

I cant appoligise enough to everyone after I'd been trying to sort this out as one of the main people. I hope everyone who attends has a good day, and Im sorry again.

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
Sorry wont be able to make it due to work commitments, hope u have a good one and someone put some pics up

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
2,261 Posts
mark 75 said:
im just about to leave dublin now il be there anyway
Was that you in the blue V6 , didnt stay too long .
A bit disappointed in the turn-out . Maybe more people next time :dddc:

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Darwin said:
Was that you in the blue V6 , didnt stay too long .
A bit disappointed in the turn-out . Maybe more people next time :dddc:
yeh hopefully more show up next time. Was good to meet people from the site. All cars were stunning, red ZR facelift model was top of my list. Lovely car. The ZR Turbo was stunning too!!

Did anyone get any pics? I took 1 lol will get it posted up soon!!

Anyone know who it was that showed up in the Blue Rover metro??

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
mark 75 said:
im just about to leave dublin now il be there anyway, shame about the car rev_limiter hope your ok
Was that you with the wife and kid lad with the Rover 75 with irish plates???

·
Registered
207 Posts
i wish i got that far the dam car decider it didnt want to start after stoping on the way up for food the AA have it now might be a cam sencor are there stil probs geting them?

so it was quite then pitty i would have loved to make it sorry lads

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
First off,by the time I got to this thread the meet had happened,which is a shame,lol, n I know im a bit late on the ball but hope rev limiter has recovered well from the accident.
I take it there wasnt a great turnout?, there is a few others around my part of the county,but i dont think they use this forum. Im hopin another bigger n better meet is planned?, seems work commitments is the biggest prob =(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts