MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having a bit of a impromptu run down to North-Wales this Sunday (28th)

Will be starting at around 10.30am at J10 M56 and going down the A49 through Cheshire before cutting accross to North-Wales for lunch!!..

If you are not busy and fancy a day out feel free to join in!!.....:)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Thats if the weather is on our side at the weekend. Are you still planning on going if its peeing it down, can't imagine that being too enjoyable?

It was quite nice this afternoon so it gives me hope that it could be decent on Sunday.

Have you got a route and a stop off for food in mind Mark?

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
garyb0479 said:
Have you got a route and a stop off for food in mind Mark?
Was thinking along the lines of!.......

Down the A49 to Beeston, then onto the A534 towards Wrexham, then cutting accross the A483 towards Ruthin, over the hills and have lunch on the Horseshoe pass at Llangollen!!...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Marl.L said:

Down the A49 to Beeston, then onto the A534 towards Wrexham, then cutting accross the A483 towards Ruthin, over the hills and have lunch on the Horseshoe pass at Llangollen!!...
Sounds nice and lokking at the bbc weather forecast for Sunday across Wales, its looking promising, Sunny intervals. They're prediciting the same for tomorrow around Runcorn so we'll see if they get it right!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Marl.L said:

If you can squeeze in a blast on the A4212 from Bala to traws its well worth it. Its a cracking road.

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TIBBS1790 said:
If you can squeeze in a blast on the A4212 from Bala to traws its well worth it. Its a cracking road.
Done this road many times on the Bike........ has to be one of the best roads in Wales!!...

Sadly Plod have also noticed this as well!!:irked:

·
Registered
273 Posts
garyb0479 said:
Sounds nice and lokking at the bbc weather forecast for Sunday across Wales, its looking promising, Sunny intervals. They're prediciting the same for tomorrow around Runcorn so we'll see if they get it right!

Well looks like the beeb were right about the weather today, its been sunny a pleasent all day long. So looks like Sunday should be good to go!! :hyper:

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
garyb0479 said:
Well looks like the beeb were right about the weather today, its been sunny a pleasent all day long. So looks like Sunday should be good to go!! :hyper:
Think we must be due a dry meet by now!!!:lol:

·
Registered
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
garyb0479 said:
Looks like it wont rain on your new Alcantara covers!:D

Dont forget we need a full `how to` (with pictures) on how you replace the covers for the archives!!..;)

·
Registered
mgf
155 Posts
Marl.L said:
Having a bit of a impromptu run down to North-Wales this Sunday (18th)

Will be starting at around 10.30am at J10 M56 and going down the A49 through Cheshire before cutting accross to North-Wales for lunch!!..

sunday 18th?? 28th? or has my calender broken :S???

horshoe pass is less than a mile from my house :D, and ooh yes there are some v-nice roads around here!!

daf

·
Registered
273 Posts
Marl.L said:
Looks like it wont rain on your new Alcantara covers!:D

Dont forget we need a full `how to` (with pictures) on how you replace the covers for the archives!!..;)
Only managed to get one seat done today, and that was a right pain in the rear. The other one should go smoothly when I do it on bank holiday monday though.

I'll put up some pictures and a small blurb in a bit, got to go soak my aches and pains away down at the gym. The full write up will come eventually but for now will have to wait!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Marl.L said:
Having a bit of a impromptu run down to North-Wales this Sunday (28th)

Just incase anyone is reading this who hasn't met up with us before, as Mark says we will be meeting at J10 M56, :twak2: .......

........but to clarify we meet up in the car park of the Hollow Tree pub which is on the A49 no more than a few hundered yards off the J10 roundabout.

Thought I'd best mention this.

See you there!!

·
Registered
698 Posts
Cheers Mark, thanks for organising. Enjoyed it even if I had to leave you all a little early.
See you sometime tommorrow.
G

·
Registered
25 Posts
north wales run

Hi mark, was on my to meet you guys for my 1st meet, but unfortunately something came up at the last minute, so hope to do it again sometime, pity really the weather was ideal.

·
Registered
273 Posts
mike.r said:
sorry for calling you mark , marl its been one of them days,
You were right the first time, sort of........ as I found out today! Long story. But for now Mark is the more correct of the two!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts