MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange thing happened last night. Infotainment system stopped making a noise last night and also the indicators have stopped clicking when you turn them on? So neither the radio or the sound is coming through Apple Carplay, and the directional indicators have stopped clicking. Turning the car off and on doesn't make a different. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I think that you may have to remove the fuse for the infortainment unit then plug it back in again.

This will reboot the device.

I think that you might also see a message where the radio/DAB text is normally shown.

Cheers..

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Looks like that the fuse in question is the one known as F16:

The indicator noises are part of the infortainment system as if you attempt to de-bong the car, you lose things like Android auto on the EV version as well as the indicator sounds:

i.e.

Cheers..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took my ZS to the MG Dealer at the weekend, and the 'no sound' issue was diagnosed as a faulty infotainment unit. So rather than make me wait for one on order, they removed a unit from a demonstrator, and tested it to make sure everything was fine. My unit would not work in the demonstrator, so that was the correct diagnosis. Great customer service. Now I've got my sounds back and of course, I'm bonging as well
:)

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Took my ZS to the MG Dealer at the weekend, and the 'no sound' issue was diagnosed as a faulty infotainment unit. So rather than make me wait for one on order, they removed a unit from a demonstrator, and tested it to make sure everything was fine. My unit would not work in the demonstrator, so that was the correct diagnosis. Great customer service. Now I've got my sounds back and of course, I'm bonging as well
:)
Well done on getting it resolved, it seems strange for the module to fail so soon.

Cheers..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Swimmy Goldfish,

I had this issue although it started off as intermittent audio and then went completely dead from the radio, apple car play as well as the indicator and bong noise when the door is opened whilst the keys are still in the ignition. It was also diagnosed as a faulty unit and replaced on Friday.

Kind regards,
Mark.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts