MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
workers a LB have just been told that as from monday they'll not be paid,just been on ch4,interviewed a worker,they can't afford to pay the workers,
thats it,he said the managers still havn't told them whats going on,this is sickening,i'm so upest for those 6000 workers
this is a shambles! i'm very annoyed

Rick

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
Yeah, but the company can't tell them what it hasn't decieded.

Upsetting for the workers I know, and I feel their frustration, but they'll just have to wait for a few days.

G

·
I went through something like this 18 months ago. The part of BAE that I worked for was in serious trouble, there was doubt over the ability to pay wages and we were given 4 months to find a buyer for ourselves or be closed down with the loss of 100 jobs!

In the end, a management buyout team got the company but 20% of the workforce (self included) still lost our jobs.

I am concerned but all is not lost yet - MG in particular will be an attractive asset for someone.

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
I do feel very sorry for the younger workers with mortgages and young families, in the same family position as me, being the main breadwinner..

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I agree it's awful.

Been in that position myself 18 months ago.
We lost a third of the workforce.
Things picking up a bit now but it was an awful feeling.
You just feel so messed up, you even feel guilty for keeping your job when others get laid off.
Horrible.
I just hope they can salvage something.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
My dad has had threats of redundancy for years now and I know the kind of frustration the workers families must feel atm. Its a terrible thing; it eats away at you.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Im at a loss

I so hope im wrong but MGRover has no assets left to be an attractive asset to anyone:

75 - Sold to SAIC
45 - Hondas
25 - Sold to SAIC
Powertrain - Sold to SAIC
Land - Sold and rented back
TF - They do own this at least

1 - 7 of 7 Posts