MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
other_rover
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....through the windscreen vent on the drivers side even if the blower is on full. The passenger side vent is working perfectly. Its a right pain especially if the windscreen needs demisting, need LHD!:D

Any ideas?

Cheers

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
I'd start by popping the vent out. Prise it out gently with a flat bladed screwdriver. Once out, see if you can feel any air coming out of the pipe thats behind it.
If you can, then check that the opening mechanism works on the vent.
If you can't then there must be a blockage further down the pipe, or the pipe has come off the blower unit possably?

·
Registered
other_rover
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SHARKYMGF said:
I'd start by popping the vent out. Prise it out gently with a flat bladed screwdriver. Once out, see if you can feel any air coming out of the pipe thats behind it.
If you can, then check that the opening mechanism works on the vent.
If you can't then there must be a blockage further down the pipe, or the pipe has come off the blower unit possably?
thanks, i will have a look later. its not my car but a friends who i liftshare with. She's not very handy with tools so i said i'd have a look. Was just wondering whether it was a common fault. Was thinking about possibly a blockage of some sort.

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,648 Posts
thinking about it mine seems to be doing the same thing but as bad but it used to be alot better i mite jsut do the same! =) bet it has some sorter wrapper in mine knowing my gf...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts