MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the "Nexus", I keep seeing it written in posts from the last few weeks, but it is a totally new name to me.

I am a regular reader of the posts on this site and the other material in the press and I cannot find the origin of this name, is it simply a new code name for the Medium sized car or will this be the name the car will be marketed as?

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
Apparently its the new word for RD60.. basically the same thing apparently. Although just because its on here doesn't make it correct! lol

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
According to Dictionary.com

NEXUS
# A means of connection; a link or tie: “this nexus between New York's... real-estate investors and its... politicians” (Wall Street Journal).
# A connected series or group.
# The core or center: “The real nexus of the money culture [was] Wall Street” (Bill Barol).

So it kinda makes sense....but it'll always be RD60 to me...

·
Registered
mg_6_gt
1,580 Posts
Nexus was in a Star Trek movie (the one where James T Kirk was killed).

Also, it is likely that this will just be the project code for the car, not the final name!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Oh my god... I have written Star Wars Generations :yikes:

It´s surely Star Trek, I should always take the time to read about my writing before I send it. I hope that Episode 3 will be much better as the crappy Star Trek Nemesis.

As in Generations the Nexus is a kind of supernatural anomaly, something like a daydream in which time plays no role, I have the strange feeling that maybe a journalist thought it was funny to put about this name.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts