MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arghh - people - make this happen...NOOOOOOOW..pleeeeease!

I'll get us started with a teplate for replies;

Where
When

There you go :)

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
It's not even a month since our last meet yet !

I was thinking around August/September for our next (3rd) R75 Owners Meet, however for a change we could meet somewhere in the country and then have a cruise 'convoy' style onto a second destination.

The Peak District is always good for a nice R75 cruise particularly the Snake Pass !

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
*DLN* said:
The Peak District is always good for a nice R75 cruise particularly the Snake Pass !
.............as long as we can spare 3 hours to do 20 miles due to the nutters and 'Sunday' drivers etc. who make that particular journey so enjoyable (not) :lol:

Regards

Mike ;)

·
Registered
669 Posts
Unfortunatly I will no longer be able to attend as my 75 and I will shortly be parting company.

I missed the performance of my 620 Ti so have bought another one and a 620Sldi for performance. So the best of both worlds.

I will miss the 75 but in 3-4 years will have a 75 260, so will have tonnes of time to come to meets again :)

Carl

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
What about a trip to the original Rover 75 factory - Cowley, or should that read BMW Plant Oxford?

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
MikeM said:
.............as long as we can spare 3 hours to do 20 miles due to the nutters and 'Sunday' drivers etc. who make that particular journey so enjoyable (not) :lol:

Regards

Mike ;)

You're not getting up early enough!

A640, A628 and the A635 are generally quite.

I usually take the Mille out for a spot of law breaking on a sunday morning.

·
Registered
rover_75
462 Posts
Hey,

I would be up for a Rover 75 meet. Havent been to one with you guys yet as I only bought mine back in January.

Pete

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
EssexMGR said:
What about a trip to the original Rover 75 factory - Cowley, or should that read BMW Plant Oxford?

Good idea Essex. Let's take quality back to the philistines :lol: Do they do tours?

Regards

Mike

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
It would be nice to visit Cowley the original home of the 75 but seeing all of those MINIS would make me sick to my stomach.

I still favour a nice drive through the country, last weekend I was travelling home from a relatives in Mansfield and passed a long line of MGs lots of different models from years gone by to the present day, it was a great sight and made me feel so proud.

I'm sure us 75 owners can do something similar, just imagine a long convoy of shining 75s gliding through the English countryside, it would certainly give owners of lesser cars something to think about.

·
Registered
rover_75
203 Posts
Why not drive around Longbridge, with all the media attention focused there at the moment, the sight of proud Rover owners waving the flag even the BBC might notice. I noticed last night on the news the BBC has a correspondent based in the Longbridge showroom (where he has been most of the week) willing the company to die, even he might notice some support!

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
So hands up everyone who is interested in a Rover 75 / MG ZT 'Cruise' on either Sunday 1st May or Sunday 29th May, both are Bank Holiday weekends.

The plan is to meet in Sheffield (a good central location for everyone) and then travel 'convoy' style along the A57 'Snake Pass' stopping at the Snake Pass Inn along the way and then setting off again along the remainder of 'Snake Pass' to Glossop.

Come on 75/ZT owners who's interested and which date would you prefer ?

·
Registered
986 Posts
Rover 75 Run

I shall have speaks with my dad and see if he would like to bring his Rover 75 along. (Attended Gaydon meet last month) It also took part in the Maestro & Montego Owners Club North Run last year in the North Yorkshire Dales. T'was great fun! :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts