MG-Rover.org Forums banner

Newsnight: MG Rover officially not bust

1K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  sopwithuk 
#1 ·
Newsnight: Hewitt got the wrong end of the stick and claimed MGR had gone into administration even though it hadnt!!! Press statement says PWC has been called in to advise the company regarding their finances

#3 ·
I think the best hope for MGR now is to put everything on the table. Tell the press where every bit of cash has gone, and exactly what the company needs to survive, and that the directors are willing to reinvest if the government is too.

Surely if the company was that broke they'd have slashes prices just to generate cashflow -even if it meant selling the cars at a loss?

#4 ·
SteveChilds said:
The whole situation is a joke. MGR saying they have not called in the Administrators, the government saying they have.

Eitherway, they almost certainly will be now, thanks to Mrs Hewitt. :irked:
And this from BBC News

The BBC's business editor Jeff Randall described the situation as "the most shambolic and chaotic end I've ever encountered for a UK company".

#7 ·
It's abit like a bad movie at the moment... That bloke on news 24 seems to be quite supportive of MGR, either that or he's got it in for the government... maybe there's a glimmer of hope left....

It's bad though isn't it, I mean saying a company is bust when it isn't... is that some kind of slander? as if it isn't insolvent it could certainly prove damaging to the extreme. Could MGR sue the DTi over that? for maybe £100 Million :_poke:

-Rob-

#9 ·
The BBC's business editor Jeff Randall described the situation as "the most shambolic and chaotic end I've ever encountered for a UK company".
And yet again the Government has caused MG Rover more embarrassment. They have prematurely announced MG Rover going into administration. DTi leaks have caused this cash flow crisis this week. Had the suppliers not read the leaks and thought the worst, MG Rover would still be producing cars today, and would not have had all of their credit terms cancelled.

A very sad day.

#19 · (Edited)
It is absolutly disgusting that our own government has screwed MGR out of business the whole lot of the should be shot as traitors. I think the only thing left to do is to vote UK Independence lets face who the **** do the Europeans think they are telling us we are breaking their rules saying we cannot bail out MGR? they rape us every year out of hundreds of millions paying for farmers subsidies, new road links in Spain (that they have the audasity to charge us tolls!!) etc etc they dont buy our produce those hundreds of millions could save MGR any the tax payer would be no worse off. I would also like to apologise to all members for my posts claiming to know it was a done deal I guess the memo sent to dealers was to stop us from scaring off potential clients it worked for a while but between our scathing press and incompetent government it eventually failed. I like the rest of us on here cannot believe its the end but I am starting to think it is! Does anyone have any ideas like maybe turning it in to some sort of co operative where we all buy shares in it or better ideas I dont want to sit back now and a year down the line have to walk into a VW or toyota dealership and hand over 20k to jonny foreigner!!! ps that sl*g Hewitt should be sacked and tony better start looking for a new job too. Lets face it the Home Secretary should have forced the police years ago to buy british but I guess the police will be pleased they can use our council tax money to cruise around in mercs and beemers and no one will be able to complain I sent a pack to Portishead police HQ to the chap in charge of all police vehicle purchases a year ago explaing the benefits of buying british for every 3 mercs he bought the saving on 3 ZT's would have paid for an extra policeman-did I hear back did I f***

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.