MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of you name your cars. Any ideas???

Hope there's not many problems with it, cos I think I'll have quite a few names for it myself then!!

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Some people call theirs a name that is derived from the numberplate, if you are lucky enough to have a number plate that lends itself to a name that may help.

Mines called Bob, cus I couldn't decide what gender it is! The TF's agressive styling lends itself to a male name, but its sooo beautiful that it might just be feminine. I went for Bob after the servant girl in Black Adder who disguised herself as a boy.

So thats not much help. James C calls his car Wiggles - I think because he's a crap driver and the rear steps out. I am sure he will be along to correct me and hit me with a big stick.

Its a really personal thing, so good luck with it, it took me ages to decide on a name....

Iain

·
Registered
27,269 Posts
:_poke:

Mine is actualy indirectly named after an episode of Futurama. I had a bit to drink one evening and my thoughts drifted back to that episode I had watched a couple of days before, and it just stuck ever since.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
swordfish said:
I see a lot of you name your cars. Any ideas???

Hope there's not many problems with it, cos I think I'll have quite a few names for it myself then!!
Ginger - if yours is a female
Gabriel - if it's a male. ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chris T said:
Is it me or does the picture make the car look like a toy?:err:
Quite apt tho-seeing as it is my new toy!!
I'll post a better picture when i get it to a decent backdrop.

·
Registered
mg_tf
198 Posts
.welcome to the forum
...My F was named only a few days ago and ive had it nearly a year!(couldnt get any vibes on a good name myself)

then a member christened him..........wolverine........(its inspired me to put a piccie up.....coming soon)

Inspiration will come from somewhere and i think its nice if someone here can help christen your ride

ur TF is gorgeous

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi Newbie,

it was me who named Drac's car.

Your car is hot as hell.

I think it should be called Scarlet if it's a girl and Fred, or Dangermouse, if it's a Boy.

You can tell the sex by the noise it makes when you drive. Does it purr, or growl?

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
HardCandy said:
Hi Newbie,

it was me who named Drac's car.

Your car is hot as hell.

I think it should be called Scarlet if it's a girl and Fred, or Dangermouse, if it's a Boy.

You can tell the sex by the noise it makes when you drive. Does it purr, or growl?
Scarlet has already been taken by one of the most well known MGFs in Europe. Born in Feb 1996 and still going strong despite major recronstructive surgery a couple of years back.

·
Registered
345 Posts
My Tf was christened Nifty by hubby when I was having trouble with the reg. NFT.
It is appropriate because it is nifty.

Our old 1978 BGT is named "Knackered" Reg. NKD and it is! :bgrin2:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts