MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, just joined today although was a member here years ago on the old forum but cant remember my username etc. I don't have a Rover, but the equilavent Honda Civic Aerodeck. Have been a fan of both the Rover and Honda versions of these cars since they were new. My late wife had a Brand new Civic MB2 back in 1998, which was an awesome wee car and got me into the Honda's. Since then we've had another Civic MA8 (one of the early pre facelift Civic 5 doors), then she bought herself a 1999 Civic Aerodeck in 2008. She loved the car so much and spent a fortune getting a full custon leather retrim done along with wheels, stainless exhaust (built to oem spec), front rear spoilers and basically almost all the accessories that were available for them when they were new. She passed away in 2013 (by this time I also had my own Civic 5 door VTi MB6) and I couldn't bring myself to sell her car. I decided to keep it and continue with the mods she had planned and turn it into a show car.
I have also created and ran the owners club for these cars since 2009 (civic5.com) which is still going strong yet. Had the car on our show stand at Japfest2 and a few other shows, so its a pretty well know car in the Civic MA/MB/MC community.
My best friend (who sadly also passed away 2 yrs after my wife) had a 1999 Rover 400 saloon 2 litre so we were always modding our cars side by side. Always loved the Rover 400/45 MGZS as I think the style of these cars is classic. Came close to buying a 45 when it was new!
Times change, as do circumstances so the Aerodeck has went from show car to being my daily driver. Love the looks the car gets when i'm out in her as she still looks stunning even now. Still in her original paintwork (all good except bonnet has a few chips) and never needed any welding, she does look sweet.
Looking forward to a good look around your new site, looks pretty slick compared to the old one! Heres a wee pic of my Aerodeck (aka "DD")
This is how she looked when we first bught her back in 2007/8

And here she is in 2020! I have since removed the lowered suspension though and the wheels have also been refurbed

So she now looks like...

Also can see my wee mk1 mx5 next to her.
Interior...

Hope you like!

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Wow, still in really gc! Doesn’t owe you much after all these years. Welcome to the forum. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts