MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I did search for this but couldn't find anything.

I am looking for a ZS 180, while still trying to find how to pay for it, and on my travels around I have noticed that the ZS 180's exhaust tip looks a little weak, doesn't look like it's got a V6 on the other end of it lets put it like that!

Anyway I saw a new ZS V6 day before yesterday and it had a very subtle but nice looking exhaust on it. The kind you look at and think "hmmm there must be something big on the other end of that!". It was a standard exhaust and looked and sounded really nice. Not sure what the old 180's sound like as to be truthfull I haven't heard one yet.

So I was wondering, is it possible to fit a new style exhaust to the older car?

I am prosuming mechanically they are pretty much the same.

Just wondering.

Regards
Paul

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
If it is it would be very pricey, dealers would charge an arm and a leg for an exhaust system.. Wou may be better off getting a custom one to mimic the features that you decribe

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
just go and buy a piper 4" stainless slash cut exhaust! Or if you want looks to die for then go for a dual exit (tailpipes either side of the car) pipe from MG Sport n racing. Or go and get a custom one made. The options are endless.

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
are you sure the NEW ZS didn't have the X-Power exhaust fitted? As far as i could see at my dealers there's no difference between the Facelift ZS and Old ZS exhaust on either 120 or 180.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Schtopper said:
are you sure the NEW ZS didn't have the X-Power exhaust fitted? As far as i could see at my dealers there's no difference between the Facelift ZS and Old ZS exhaust on either 120 or 180.
No I am not sure, but it was driven by an OAP, so I just assumed it was the standard one, I know, very silly of me :fim:

It definatly looked good though, has anyone got any pics of the exhaust on the old ZS?

Regards
Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts