MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I recently bought a new ZR but compared to my 200 bubble the steering seems very heavy. I have done around 750miles and thought it may have slackened up. Is the heavy steering because its new or may something be wrong?
Any1?

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
might be a power steering fault, when stood still turn the steering wheel, if the engine speed changes then youre power steering should be working ok, should rule that out. Other things to check are uneven tyre wear, or underinflated tyres. After that its up to the gurus!

·
Registered
mg_zs
1,274 Posts
Power steering is standard. Steering should therefore be fairly easy when you are stationary. If not, back to the dealer. Steering settings are heavier intentionally to improve handling.

G

·
Quite probably intended to be heavier because the 200 was a little light.

However, does the ZR have wider, lower profile tyres than the 200 that went before it?

Did you test drive a ZR before buying?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all! I thought it would be because of the wider tyres etc mind. Still feels pretty heavy. Im goin into the garage next week (Can you believe the ZR stickers on the rub strips are coming off after 2 1/2 weeks!) so I can get them to have a quick look. I aint compared it to any others so I aint really sure. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.