MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooo, iv had this for a few days now and i must say... its freaking awesome!

I got in to the Closed Beta for it and its a muuuuch better layout and easy as hell to use.
quick to get to the thigns i like, and 100% Kinect compatible so no need to a 2nd menu to scroll the dashboard.

the integrated Bing search for searching for Xbox/zune Content is great too.
And it will also search youtube/BBC iPlayer etc services when that pops up soon as well I believe.

Not got any of the new services as of yet, but cant wait to get my hands on them!

For those that don't know, here are a list of the services we have/getting.

BBC
blinkbox
Sky
Channel 4
Channel 5
Crackle
Dailymotion
Facebook
Last.fm
LOVEFiLM
MSN with MSNBC.com
MUZU.TV
Netflix
Screenrush
Twitter
VEVO
YouTube
Zune

·
Premium Member
6,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds a little different. See, this is what the £35 a year goes into IN YO FACE keep the free online gaming...fagalos
£35 is nothing considering what you get, like secure Credit card details :p haha
That and a service that's always up, good match making system and FAST online joining etc

but yeah, its pretty different than the last update, but not as drastic as the change from the original "Blades" layout to our current one.

Its A LOT cleaner and snappier.

Only think that's annoying me is that when i use HDMI on my Xbox, and then turn the Xbox on, if my TV is still set to that HDMI, the Xbox turn's itself instantly back on...

Drives me nuts having a projector which cycles through its ports and when HDMI pops on when Xbox is turning off it comes rite back on again! haha

Iv sent this on my Bug report though so hopefully will be fixed...

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Is this the Metro style update?

WP7 had put me off Metro as did the Win8 preview so I can only hope its good on the 360, if not I'll dust off the PS3. ;)

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
sounds great cant wait. I've never been completly happy with the current dash its not very intuitive.

And loving the sound of the on demand stuff too.

·
Premium Member
6,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is this the Metro style update?

WP7 had put me off Metro as did the Win8 preview so I can only hope its good on the 360, if not I'll dust off the PS3. ;)
Pffttttt, Metro is awesome, and i really cant see how someone couldn't like it o_O
Its simple, fast and give you the info you need!

Wp7 is awesome, and the Win8 preview was awesome too!

On the Xbox though, it really is great, its sooo nice to use.
If i was allowed i would get some vids up, but i dont fancy being taken off it or off future ones!

sounds great cant wait. I've never been completly happy with the current dash its not very intuitive.

And loving the sound of the on demand stuff too.

Iv not been 100% with the current one, but it was far better than the Blades system we had before for me.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Pffttttt, Metro is awesome, and i really cant see how someone couldn't like it o_O
Its simple, fast and give you the info you need!

Wp7 is awesome, and the Win8 preview was awesome too!

On the Xbox though, it really is great, its sooo nice to use.
If i was allowed i would get some vids up, but i dont fancy being taken off it or off future ones!

Iv not been 100% with the current one, but it was far better than the Blades system we had before for me.
Metro maybe fine on a desktop or a phone for beginners but I just can't take it seriously for real work as it's too big button tablet for my liking, as such it maybe fine for the 360.

Blades was fine with me as is the current NXE, with more stuff being integrated like I said maybe Metro will be fine.

·
Registered
rover_200_coupe
2,261 Posts
Rumoured to be coming on 25th Nov ?
This seems a little early though if they're still beta testing ?

·
Premium Member
6,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Metro maybe fine on a desktop or a phone for beginners but I just can't take it seriously for real work as it's too big button tablet for my liking, as such it maybe fine for the 360.

Blades was fine with me as is the current NXE, with more stuff being integrated like I said maybe Metro will be fine.
I didn't mind it on my Desktop, I used it for about a month no problems, the Metro Inteface is optional, you still have the desktop running at all times, so just use that instead haha.

Its a little weird with the start bar opening the Metro interface, but I got use to it for opening my apps/programs that I didn't have icons for (as I like a clean desktop haha)

BUT I have heard that this has been looked at and will have an option to just use a similar start menu like we have now if you prefer.
But i liked it, I just clicked start and as I usually do, just start typing the name of my program i want to run and it starts showing you your program list as you type to search.

Works a treat and is nice and quick.

Rumoured to be coming on 25th Nov ?
This seems a little early though if they're still beta testing ?

Yeah i was thinking more like early December myself.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Sounds a little different. See, this is what the £35 a year goes into IN YO FACE keep the free online gaming...fagalos
Sorry..... but LOL

Lets see now:

BBC Got I-Player on PS3...or just simply have BBC on the TV FREE
Sky Ain't fussed, never watch it
Channel 4 4-OD on PS3...or just simply have Ch4 on the TV FREE
Channel 5 As Above
We also have ITV Catchup on PS3... or simply FREE on the TV
Facebook Free on the PC and Smartphone
LOVEFiLM Already have this on PS3
Twitter Don't use Twitter, but if I did, I would get it free on my PC or Smartphone
YouTube Already have this on PS3
Ok some are missing from the original list, some of which I have never even heard of, but who REALLY gives a poop....honestly... :hysteria:

·
Premium Member
6,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah that old chestnut. I was going to buy a Stereo for the car, but I noticed Microsoft don't do one, so I plumped for Sony instead :broon:
I wonder if its because Microsoft is 99.9% a software company? haha
But still, could have got a Carputer? :p

and for you all that done know, the new Dash update will be out to you all on the 6th :)

·
Registered
mg_zr
1,495 Posts
Who cares...
me i care that why i asked? i don't have a games console but i said a few years ago when it comes out ill buy one and start playing. don't wanna pay money out for the current ps3/xbox 360 when a new console is possible to come out soon.

buying the ps4 would likely last 6 years before being upgraded as like the previous years

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
2,152 Posts
me i care that why i asked? i don't have a games console but i said a few years ago when it comes out ill buy one and start playing. don't wanna pay money out for the current ps3/xbox 360 when a new console is possible to come out soon.

buying the ps4 would likely last 6 years before being upgraded as like the previous years
Well you'll have a long wait. It's been announced that the new Xbox won't be released until roughly 2014. So I'll assume the PS4 would be at least a year after that.

Rumors are of another box model next year similar to the upgrade last year with the slim.

Itd be stupid for either to start selling a new version, xboxs are till selling in high numbers, not sure about PS3's as they are just a pricey blu ray player to me.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts