MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had the timing belts done (Honda 16v 2.3 GSI), which included a water pump which was about 40 quid .
On close inspection I can see that the belts have been replaced, but I'm having difficulty locating the water pump. Nothing looks newish in the area that I'm looking and in the area which I think it should be. Has anybody got a piccie that shows what I should be looking for as I don't want to be a plonker if I have to go back to the garage and confront them,claiming they have'nt changed the pump !!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Just had the timing belts done (Honda 16v 2.3 GSI), which included a water pump which was about 40 quid .
On close inspection I can see that the belts have been replaced, but I'm having difficulty locating the water pump. Nothing looks newish in the area that I'm looking and in the area which I think it should be. Has anybody got a piccie that shows what I should be looking for as I don't want to be a plonker if I have to go back to the garage and confront them,claiming they have'nt changed the pump !!

The bottom hose of the radiator goes to the pump so remove that(get wet) and you should be able to stick your hands in and feel the fins, if its new the fins should be nice and smooth, Just had mine off my TI and it was covered in deposits of some sorts and was defo Old!

I meant fingers not hands! lol you would have to be a 2 year old to get your hands in there!

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,916 Posts
In future, not a bad idea to ask to see any old parts which have been replaced. Most garages will cooperate here ... if they have an excuse and the old parts are not available ... that's 'iffy' but their reasons could be genuine ...... All the same, check the items have been renewed.

Human nature and all that....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts