MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all i am new to mgs but i am thinking of buying a zs 180 or 120 .Which would u guys go 4 .Does the 180 drink fuel around town as my wife will drive it to work or is it not to bad She only goes slow but as 4 me i like to have a blast some times as we all do . have got a bmw 316 but i love the zs can u help thanks:)

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
i would say either the 180 or the 115 diesel would be the best ones to look at.

the 115 diesel has a little less power, but alot more torque so is probably faster in real world situations. Also the diesel can be tuned to 130-140 for little cost.

the 180 is a seriously quick and fun car, but they do have weakness' like the VIS valves and clutches. Also like you said they drink fuel.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
The 120 will handle a bit better than both diesel and V6 cars due to less weight under the bonnet. Try before you buy and enjoy the process. Your priorities for fuel economy will dictate which one you buy. As above, best bang for buck would be a tuned diesel. If you're not going to pile on the miles, V6 petrol costs will not be such a heavy hit although the higher tax and insurance cost are still there.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks i would just drive it at weekends and the wife in week she does about 40 miles a week so i do not think it will be to bad i hope the 180 i meen Have driven the 120 and liked it a lot but there is one thing in back of mind 180 is there much differance thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts