MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
mg_6_gt
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this is Arturo from Chile and I'm new here...I hope can share many experiences with you because I'm loving of the cars.

I just have brought a MG car, MG 6 turbo and AT...I'm very happy with this car model, so I have a problem to launch GPS system, because the dealer did not give to me the SD maps, so I could not work GPS system...I don't know if someone might help me...I only need how are files configuration into SD card

Sorry for my english..
Regards

·
Premium Member
31,560 Posts
I think Harellano is after the actual structure / organisation of the files on the SD card. Knowing this probably won't help as you still need to get the SD card from the dealer as its no doubt specific to the MG6.

I forget who makes the Sat Nav, its a generic make that's used in loads of cars, but at the moment the name escapes me.

Has the supplying dealer said that they cannot supply the SD Card?

·
Registered
mg_6_gt
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think Harellano is after the actual structure / organisation of the files on the SD card. Knowing this probably won't help as you still need to get the SD card from the dealer as its no doubt specific to the MG6.

I forget who makes the Sat Nav, its a generic make that's used in loads of cars, but at the moment the name escapes me.

Has the supplying dealer said that they cannot supply the SD Card?
Hi SteveChilds
Thanks for your support, dealer did not provide me SD card because they have no Chilean maps, but I have Chilean maps so I could make to work the GPS if I knew how to setup the files...I need that someone show me how is inside SD card

·
Registered
cityrover
13,055 Posts
Same problem for Ukraine. Could some one just upload contents of SD card? We have separete maps for Ukraine and Chile, but we need to know structure of folders to activate GPS in our cars
No they couldn't :lol:

Sorry but the map and structure on the SD card will be covered by copyright. I can only suggest trying a version of copilot or something like that, but I'd be surprised if it will work with the MG6 platform.

·
Registered
mg_6_gt
4 Posts
No they couldn't :lol:

Sorry but the map and structure on the SD card will be covered by copyright. I can only suggest trying a version of copilot or something like that, but I'd be surprised if it will work with the MG6 platform.
Ok, but it's possible just provide us with folder structure and file names of map files, with out that files?

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
I don't know why this hasn't been answered really, excluding the lack of MG6 drivers.

They aren't requesting the files etc, just the folder names.

Example said:
SD Card\
Maps <dir>
Overlay <dir>
Voice <dir>
Navigation <dir>

SD Card\Maps\
Filenumber1.map
Filenumber2.map

SD Card\Overlay\
Overlay1.ovr
Overlay2.ovr

SD Card\Voice\
TurnLeft.wav
SecondExit.wav

SD Card\Navigation\
Skyhook.vbs
Calculate.exe
etc...

Surely it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to pop the SD Card in a computer and do a print out of the directory structure?
Although its no guarentee that it will work!

·
Registered
mg_6_gt
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't know why this hasn't been answered really, excluding the lack of MG6 drivers.

They aren't requesting the files etc, just the folder names.

etc...

Surely it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes to pop the SD Card in a computer and do a print out of the directory structure?
Although its no guarentee that it will work!
Yes, only that
Thanks

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.