Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
rover_25
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI there
We are looking to replace a sadly clapped out Honda Civic and while looking today saw a Rover 220sd with 53000 on the clock for 1400 quid (dealer). Never driven a Rover and had a go for a laugh. Well have to say we were quite impressed and are very tempted to buy. Just wondering if anyone has advice on what to watch out for or if you just think this is a good motor

many Cheers

Karlos

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
kgwanchos said:
HI there
We are looking to replace a sadly clapped out Honda Civic and while looking today saw a Rover 220sd with 53000 on the clock for 1400 quid (dealer). Never driven a Rover and had a go for a laugh. Well have to say we were quite impressed and are very tempted to buy. Just wondering if anyone has advice on what to watch out for or if you just think this is a good motor

many Cheers

Karlos
Hi Karlos. I am in a very similar position as I have a Civic which I'm looking to swop for a 200. The 220 diesel models are raved about on this forum as the L-Series unit fitted is incredibly tough and economical, and in intercooled form, rather fast! The 200 is a lovely car in general and doesn't seem to suffer any maladies any more than any other similar car. The K-series is the weak link but is irrelevant here.
The example you've seen seems pretty good value given the low mileage. Could you give some more details ie. spec, body style, colour, service history etc?

·
Registered
rover_25
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for quick reply ! ok its the 3 door in metalic red service history up to 2003 tiny bit of rust around rear door hinge no dints or bumps full mot and a real nice drive ...........

·
Registered
10,214 Posts
That sounds like a fair deal, especially with it having a full ticket. I like the colour too - Nightfire Red is one of my faves and is on the list for when I get mine.

·
Registered
36,581 Posts
yo carlos. Let's face it, it says "Rover" at the top of the page...most members here would say buying one is a good idea almost irrespective of the price!

hope you get some helpful advice too... ;)

·
Registered
36,581 Posts
kgwanchos said:
Yeah point taken, I guess I was just wondering about this particular rover model
that's true karlos (sorry I spelt your name wrong earlier) but I am sure we like to think we're a helpful bunch here, and the other posts (before mine) look constructive and are considering the price too...

My reaction is once you want one, anything else is a poor substitute. I could be driving an Impreza now (theoretically) but if I had got one, I would be thinking every day "I could have had an MG...." before even considering that to run an Impreza turbo costs more...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.