MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, just bought a 214si 5dr 16v for my 1st car, dunno wheather to leave it standard or do it up a little. ill attatch a pic see what u guys think?
just want to make it a bit more attractive.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
43,249 Posts
Firstly let me welcome you to the forums. That is one nice shiny example of a Rover you have there mate. I'd go fo a nice set of alloys and a good sound system. Remember if/when you come to sell it money spent on modifications is seldom recouperated.

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
Hi and welcome :)

As Baz says, a nice set of Rover alloys would be a very nice touch. It looks a great car.

Regards

Mike :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
That looks mint that! This is my first post to, Im thinking of doing the same as you, but people keep saying Lexus lights!!! lol. AH OH!!! No way hehe.

I'm doing the sound system route, as that seems to be the weakest part of most Rovers/MG's - then I'd do alloys followed by a decent set of lowering springs. Don't go for cheap wheels though - save your pennies for a decent set, and wait till your tyres need replacing to get the best value :D

Good luck mate, send updated pics if you do the wheels!

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,916 Posts
Bazza said:
Firstly let me welcome you to the forums. That is one nice shiny example of a Rover you have there mate. I'd go fo a nice set of alloys and a good sound system. Remember if/when you come to sell it money spent on modifications is seldom recouperated.
Excellent advice. Before that though, check over the car to see if there are any 'consumables' like brake discs, pads, rear hubs which are showing signs of wear and may need renewal in the near future. Check also oil and coolant condition and any sign of either being a bit 'iffy' or old, drain and renew as well as any filters, not forgetting air filters. The latter can look OK but, minute dust particles will restrict your engine's breathing... Spend a few bob on things like that and your car will be all the better for it.

Then, go for alloy wheel upgrades etc but dont do anything to the car which means you will not be able to easily return it to standard, unless you plan to keep it until it expires... that way depreciation will be of no concern to you.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
If you don't wanna mod the car then stay away from the modding section otherwise you will end up brainwashed into modding....lol:hyper:

It's easy to just think Oh I'll just do the door handles and the rubbing strips, but once it gets hold of ya there's no stopping it sometimes and the more time you spend in the modding section the worse it gets.
I should know. God knows how much that forum has cost me...:slap:

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Welcome to the gang adz and well donr for posting such a great picture,

Heres a picture of the wifes car, ok its a 25 but gives you a idea

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
he he he its red..like your T-shirt...really shiney...can i have it?..ill trade you my Purple one...top car buddy take car of it and she'l see you around forever :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cheers for all the replys guys! main thing for me is the insurance as its only my 1st car. i am dying to lower it and put the alloys on but will it effect my insurance dramaticly? i also want to colour code the handles and mirrors.1st thing i did when i got it was put new speakers in the front and a spanking new kenwood headunit:) obsessed with audio so much more of that to come. o and does anyone know where i can get hold of the mg-rover.org stickers?
thanks!
adz

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Can't believe no-one has mentioned de-oranging the headlights yet.

This process involves removing the orange film in the indicators, looks much more modern without it!

Various guides on the forum on how to do it

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
fek that is weird. they must have been born together! liking the 25 aswel Michealb. yeah the fogs and door handles are a must i think, does anyone know what the colour is called? ill also deorange the lights tomorro, cant be to hard?
adz

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
adz1910 said:
fek that is weird. they must have been born together! liking the 25 aswel Michealb. yeah the fogs and door handles are a must i think, does anyone know what the colour is called? ill also deorange the lights tomorro, cant be to hard?
adz
colour is flame red 89........

my 214 was much nicer than the 25 although not as well specced. it'll be going soon anyway........hopefully to make way for an MG ZS.

fogs and alloys do make a big difference to the 200.......in fact i think they were my first 2 mods on my 214.

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
I'd get a set of Vi five spoke alloys clear side repeaters and front fogs, then do some body-colouring of the door handles and rear spoiler. Maybe add a 25 chrome tailgate finisher and wing mirrors. Have you thought about maybe changing the seats for some ZR or Vi leather ones?
Looks like a tidy motor and a great first car

·
Registered
28,089 Posts
id go for front fogs , anfd turbine alloys - like then a lot - wouldnt start spraying your own mouldings and handels , get it professionally done home sparyed plastic always looks poor and paint flakes

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
That looks a neat and tidy car. In good condition. Whats the colour called?

I would get some Rover alloy wheels, de-orange the indicators and spray the black trim body coloured.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts