MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zs
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
according to aronline miss/mrs de la haye has anounced that production of the standard tf135 was starting today.
both it and the 85th anniversary edition will be shown to the public at an mg show(can't remember which one) this weekend.

·
Registered
36,548 Posts
according to aronline miss/mrs de la haye has anounced that production of the standard tf135 was starting today.
both it and the 85th anniversary edition will be shown to the public at an mg show(can't remember which one) this weekend.
yes, I was looking for the announcement and it's a case of "the PR manager that didn't release".

Great time to announce good news in parallel with arguably the first new MG saloon for 8 years!

·
Registered
10,213 Posts
i've found out where they will be displayed.
mg heritage run at windsor !!
I wouldn't expect any great surprises from it. In factit'll look more similar to the MGR TF than the LE500. Interested to see what they do for the 85th Anniversary edition though.

·
Registered
cityrover
4,366 Posts
I wouldn't expect any great surprises from it. In factit'll look more similar to the MGR TF than the LE500. Interested to see what they do for the 85th Anniversary edition though.
A sticker saying 85 on in a few places would be a good bet (perhaps covering up the LE500 ones???)

·
Registered
other_rover
8,737 Posts
SAIC should have spent some money on a totally new MG TF. This is the halo car for the company and simply launching a warmed over MGF just won't cut it.

Sorry as much as I love MG there is no way I'd buy the current TF over the Mazda Mx5.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Must say I was disapointed MG had no presence at the Pride of Longbridge Rally. LE500 parked in the carpark behind the gates not much effort to drive it across the road with a flag.

·
Registered
10,213 Posts
Sorry as much as I love MG there is no way I'd buy the current TF over the Mazda Mx5.
To be honest, as glad as I am to see MG returned and the TF available, I'd be inclined to agree unless the TF was substantially discounted. The MX-5 (especially the new revised model) is a league above the TF which makes it all the more disappointing that SAIC hasn't as yet moved the game on.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
To be honest, as glad as I am to see MG returned and the TF available, I'd be inclined to agree unless the TF was substantially discounted. The MX-5 (especially the new revised model) is a league above the TF which makes it all the more disappointing that SAIC hasn't as yet moved the game on.

I would still buy a new TF and not an MX5.

·
Registered
mg_tf
47 Posts
tf-mazda

I would still buy a new TF and not an MX5.
That`s what I would do, too.
My TF stood beside an Mx 5 last week, and not only me, all other people comparing the 2 roadsters meant, that the Mg looks much better than the Mx.
I've so often heard it in the last months:
Where can I get that car? Is it still built? Etc etc..
I don`t know why there `s such a lack of self confidence und support for English cars in England.
And: I drive that car for 3 years now and have not spent a single cent (except service /petrol) for any repairs.
I'm sure, whenever I could get a 'new lhd`Tf I'd buy it, and not only me!
Regards from Germany and support B`ham cars!!!

1 - 20 of 157 Posts