MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just ordered an 05 plate 75 tourer connoiseur se :happy: (trying not to seem too excited in case the kids suss, and then i'll not hear the end of it until it arrives!) My main reason for visiting this site is to check that there are no major problems with aftermarket service with rover cars. I understand that manufacturers warranties are no longer valid, and intend to purchase an insurance based warranty. Any advice in this area would be gratefully received, such as who to avoid or who would be recomended.

I assume that normal parts such as towbars etc are readily available?

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Any of the engines will be able to be serviced at a non franchised dealer, although they wouldn't necessarily be able to reset the service indicator. Don't worry though, it is easy to do it yourself by following the instructions on this forum.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Parts - not a problem. MGR sold the spare parts business a few years back to a third party company (xpart), so you can get parts easily from your local Xpart dealer: www.xpart.com

If its the diesel, its a BMW unit anyway and if you're insistent on a main dealer service, a beemer garage could do it easily

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,916 Posts
Nice choice Mark ... Not bad cars those Rovers ... I've had one or two ..:)

·
Premium Member
4,430 Posts
welcome,

Is this a private buy, or are you buying from dealer, they usually offer their own warranties on used cars this new so not sure why you would have to buy a warranty?

·
Registered
323 Posts
X part have also now taken over the servicing in a number of former MGR dealers, usually with the same MGR trained engineers as before, so there's really not a prob.

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
James Riley said:
welcome,

Is this a private buy, or are you buying from dealer, they usually offer their own warranties on used cars this new so not sure why you would have to buy a warranty?
I'm buying from Motorpoint, which is why the price is keener than most. Unfortunately they only offer a 3 month warranty, but sell you their extended warranty, along with a fair few other optional extra's such as "return to invoice" insurance, which means that if the car is written off inthe three years after purchase, the full original purchase price is paid out. I know i'm still saving money, as a similar age and mileage car is on sale at another garage for about £1500 more. I'm still not 100% committed to the sale yet, and am asking a local dealer to search for me, in case anything else comes up inthe next week. I'd really like a ZT-T, but they're thin on the ground esp in diesel variant

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Mark, what would your ideal specification ZT-T Diesel be, what age, Manual or Automatic, what budget, what equipment do you desire etc., There are still quite a few about, and once I know what you are looking for, I will try and help search a few out for you. I'm sure other forum members will be able to highlight some as well. Another thing, whereabouts in the UK are you, and how far would you be prepared to travel for a car.

Welcome to the forums by the way, hopefully you'll be a fully fledged MG or Rover driver very soon.

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IanRobertson said:
Mark, what would your ideal specification ZT-T Diesel be, what age, Manual or Automatic, what budget, what equipment do you desire etc., There are still quite a few about, and once I know what you are looking for, I will try and help search a few out for you. I'm sure other forum members will be able to highlight some as well. Another thing, whereabouts in the UK are you, and how far would you be prepared to travel for a car.

Welcome to the forums by the way, hopefully you'll be a fully fledged MG or Rover driver very soon.
Thanks, Ian. I'll let you know mid week if I need your services!

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:hyper: Just collected my new 75 tourer today. Not driven a diesel for many years, and I'm not disappointed, considering I've been driving a V6 petrol Vectra for the past four years! Looking forward to much improved fuel consumption! The cabin is a class apart from my Vauxhall, although there are a few extra's I'll miss, such as the on board computer, which used to tell me exactly how many miles I had left in the tank, average consumption etc etc. But on the whole I'm very satisfied. By the way, thanks for your offer to look for a vehicle for me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts