MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Laguna, quality down to the finest details

Under the Renault Commitment 2009, New Laguna - developed with the most stringent quality requirements – is committed to ranking in the top 3 in its segment in terms of product and service quality.

As of today, New Laguna reveals some of the elements reflecting the work carried out in terms of perceived quality, with particular attention paid to the quality of materials used and the standard of fit and finish in the cabin.
Elegant lines and performance levels place New Laguna fairly and squarely in the full-size category. Everything about New Laguna has been designed for genuine driving pleasure, offering outstanding ride quality along with best-in-class active and passive safety features.

In tune with the exceptional level of traveling comfort offered, New Laguna’s interior design creates an atmosphere of calm and serenity for all occupants aboard.

New Laguna will be fully revealed on June 4, 2007.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
I thought I was seeing things there ,Renault and quality in the same sentence.

I know someone with a Laguna with about 100k on it ,you would honestly think it had done 5 times that. A 53 plate and it's just a big knackered barge. It's a 'top of the line' one which used to have electric everything-it's all stopped working now. The feel of the car ,well ,if you've ever driven one of those old Sierras which used to be a taxi ,and the gearbox feels dead slack ,the seats all flattened out and 'unspringy' and the whole car seems s****d and generally 'done' ,well that's how this 4 year old Laguna feels.

Google 'Renault dealers' for true horror stories about their 'customer care'.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolutely, hopefully Renault can finally turn the corner with the Laguna. They are pinning all hopes on the Laguna III.

I have a friend with a Laguna, an 02 plate I think, and the horror stories have been dreadful - especially with the tyre pressure monitors and the keycard thingy.

As a contrast, my Dad has owned two Renault Twingo's, and both of them have been perfect - not a single problem with either of them.

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
As a contrast, my Dad has owned two Renault Twingo's, and both of them have been perfect - not a single problem with either of them.
I think they're funky little cars. I've seen loads of them when I've been on holiday in Spain, but I didn't know they sold them here.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think they're funky little cars. I've seen loads of them when I've been on holiday in Spain, but I didn't know they sold them here.
No, they don't sell them in the UK, sadly. My Dad has lived out in Spain for the past 12 years since he retired.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
But they will be selling the new Twingo in the UK from the Autumn. That looks pretty funky too.

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
I thought I was seeing things there ,Renault and quality in the same sentence.

I know someone with a Laguna with about 100k on it ,you would honestly think it had done 5 times that. A 53 plate and it's just a big knackered barge. It's a 'top of the line' one which used to have electric everything-it's all stopped working now. The feel of the car ,well ,if you've ever driven one of those old Sierras which used to be a taxi ,and the gearbox feels dead slack ,the seats all flattened out and 'unspringy' and the whole car seems s****d and generally 'done' ,well that's how this 4 year old Laguna feels.

Google 'Renault dealers' for true horror stories about their 'customer care'.
WOW a Renault got to 100k miles!!! Seriously?

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a MKI Laguna on 122k and it's absolutely fine *touch wood*

It's like a big comfy sofa on wheels!
The Mark 1 Renault Laguna was a great car, it seems that the Renault Laguna II is where it seemed to go wrong with electrical problems.

I had a Laguna I as a hire car in Spain a few years ago and it was a really nice comfortable car.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The megane I phase IIs can collect high mileage. A mate of mine has a 1.6 16v with 220k, never had any major issues. I also have one with 110k miles, most thats needed done was the radiator.

But like Ian says, it all went wrong at the Laguna II, followed by the megane II which inherited many poor features.

It's not the build quality, but the design thats the problem - flawed in so many areas which is a shame.

·
Registered
9,970 Posts
I think there are alot of cars that are capable of high mileage if maintained. All cars have something thats common to go wrong. Fords are capable of high mileages - but the likely hood is that it will need welding on the bodywork after about 8 years. Rovers are capable of high mileages - the head gasket may fail but once its done with the new type that engines good for 200k miles or more.

Most gearboxes tend to fail around 100k miles (in my family any way). Only gearbox in our family that made it passed 100k miles where both on Fords.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
lol I ll just add another - <-- (thats a big minus )

anyway my mates has does 95k or something close, & thats an R reg, does seem a lil worse for wear ( putting it mildly ) his seems to be in limp mode for about 10 mins of every journey, before it sorts itself out & then drives normally, other than that every rattle & squeek you'd expect except they'll all coming from the engine bay when you drive ( sounds scary ) ah well, can't say he looks after if but he did say it was FSH when he bought it about 10 or 20 k ago. Other than that though the interior is very comfortable & good soundsystem when you compare it to my ZS one. ( oh yeah my rover 25 1.4 was as fast as his 1.8 petrol though, so something must be wrong with it :p officially though the 1400 is faster to 60 anyway )
He was telling me though,

he has a friend that works in one of the garages/salesrooms where his dad buys his cars from , & he was talking about the renault laguna with him, he basically listed their normal faults & he pretty much said yep had that one, yeh that too , yeah. He then said he was having a new car & the newish laguna looked nice ( 02 reg ) he said DONT buy it, its just as bad as the one you've got.......

·
Registered
mg_zt
278 Posts
french cars are a small mistake if bought with warranty and a big mistake if bought out of warranty. in my experience. and the bigger the model the bigger the mistake.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
I like the look of modern Renault cars, can't say much about their faults because I've never really had any experience of them; the new Clio looks fantastic in my opinion.

I've driven the new Megane, and although it was a nice-ish regarding build quality, rearward visibility was awful, the steering was ridiculously light and vague, with no feedback what so ever and the gearchange was spongy and felt more like you were levering a long stick in a drum of trecle.

I really don't see the point in the rear end either...

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
french cars are a small mistake if bought with warranty and a big mistake if bought out of warranty. in my experience. and the bigger the model the bigger the mistake.
There's nothing quite like the electrics in a big luxury french barge. All the toys are great when they're new ,but once they're about 4/5 years old....:spanner:

·
Registered
484 Posts
New Laguna, quality down to the finest details

Under the Renault Commitment 2009, New Laguna - developed with the most stringent quality requirements – is committed to ranking in the top 3 in its segment in terms of product and service quality.

As of today, New Laguna reveals some of the elements reflecting the work carried out in terms of perceived quality, with particular attention paid to the quality of materials used and the standard of fit and finish in the cabin.
Elegant lines and performance levels place New Laguna fairly and squarely in the full-size category. Everything about New Laguna has been designed for genuine driving pleasure, offering outstanding ride quality along with best-in-class active and passive safety features.

In tune with the exceptional level of traveling comfort offered, New Laguna’s interior design creates an atmosphere of calm and serenity for all occupants aboard.

New Laguna will be fully revealed on June 4, 2007.
is that a quartic steering wheel?:wtf:

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
lol ripped straight from an allegro!
I've noticed quite a lot of that appearing recently ,mostly in modded chav wagons ,I think that's the first one I've seen in a production car though.

How the hell can you 'push and pull' the wheel to driving test standards with a square wheel. In fact come to think of it ,it's a wheel ,so why the hell make it square ,the clue is in the name!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts