MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Does anyone know if you can buy rear lights for a Rover 600 where the indicator glass is either dark tinted or white, as on the other Rover models eg. the R200, R400 and R800?

Or can you use a Honda Accord rear light?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
812 Posts
If only. The Accord ones won't fit, and nobody makes tinted or white ones. Sometimes a set of dark tinted ones will appear on eBay, but these are just made by using a tint spray then heat treating it, so you could actually do that yourself. They tend to go for £80+ as well. :(

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Raz,

As Calibrax said, nothing out there I'm afraid! it's not quite you had in mind, but I thought of a nice subtle mod that would lend it's self to just updating the look of the car a little rather than being screamingly obvious.

I intend at some to just tint the orange indicator portions of the rear lights on my ti, leaving the reverse lights clear, or maybe applying a very, very thin coat of red to barely cover the white portion of lense, leaving it sort or reddish-pink.

I don't know if this is true or not, but apparently, if you over-tint the indicators with red you can use green glass paint to tint the bulbs to make the indicators flash orange again! Well, for the price of about £2 from the local hobbyshop for a pot of Tamiya clear green paint, it's worth a shot! :)

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
My mate had some tinted like that. It looked great until you put it into reverse. when you did you got got the nice "gay-pink" effect! :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Thanks again to all of you... no it wasn't quite what I had in mind...

not that I wanted to make the car look like a wanna-be Lexus or something like that... I just wondered why I couldn't find a pair of "updated" rear lights with white or red indicator glas..... I guess I will have to buy the special paint in a car shop and colourcode the indicator part with a thin layer of red paint - it will most likely make the car look a bit younger... I will however refrain from painting the reverse glass in red....thanks for that tip!

In a perfect world, there would someway that I could paint/lighten the indicator glass with white without giving it the "home-made" look... or even better a styling company making these "updated" lamps--- untill then I guess i will carefully try me way with the red paint.... does any of u know if I could order this paint online?

Thanks

·
Registered
234 Posts
lights

no coments about the blue flaps and exhaust.
the flaps were sacraficed and the exhaust is now bangles for ethiopeans .
oh yes i have pic's to prove.
cheers
matt

·
Registered
904 Posts
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to remove the orange tint from the standard rear lights? Is that part of the cover actually orange plastic or just tinted from inside? I reckon having a pure white strip though the middle would look a lot more modern than how they are as standard.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts