MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
classic_rover
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been comparing the AutoExpress and The Sun Spyshots, I am convinced this is going to be the production model, anyone agree??
Compare the rear wheel arch sculpting and sills.

Looks good!!

Attachments

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
i think teh first looks liek a fiat stilo with amg front end! and the second isnt even worth wommenting on, due to the poor ps skills that were used to produce it! i mean they could of made it a little bit more believable! check out the background and tires and teh cream thing in the foreground!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I like the sheet, as if it has just been released to the worlds media. It's a shocker!!! The first one is quite a treat though. Ps wise I mean the cars not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
175 Posts
My views?

I think they are extremely interesting. In regards to the first one, the MG version, overall though I think it's nice however am not sure about the lights - For some reason it reminds me of an Audi A2 ( Not the lights that remind me of an A2 however the whole overall design ). I'm sure though that it would be popular if it was released like this - Apart from the lights actually, I'm unable to find anything else I dislike ... however I must say I'd be surprised if they released it like that ... I just cannot foresee MG-Rover doing it.

In regards to the second ... I am somewhat disappointed that there is no chrome ... however I must say it does work. If MG-Rover did release it, I'm sure it'd sell very well - I've shown it to quite a few people I know who all think it looks fantastic. Thinking hard ... I actually think that allow it loses the grandfather look, it certainly looks very classy ... It's not as if it looks like a Ford or Vauxhall - More that it looks like an Audi / Merc which IMO is very nice.

IF they released these, would I buy them? Not sure ... I like MG-Rover more because it's British owned and British built ... patriotism really.
Would the general public buy them if they were released? Most certainly without doubt.

·
Registered
294 Posts
deelunn said:
i fink both images of are the one same model not the two!
I agree, i think it's one model but not of RDX60, I think it's too small compared to most family hatchbacks (eg. Focus). I'm sticking to my guns and saying it's a re-skin of the 25. I did read somewhere in an article that a small car would come first (yes it's speculation) but if it's true, this would be it and to me it looks more the size of a fiesta than a focus.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
They're both fake, and I sincerely hope the first one is not made. Its hideous and it looks like a Ford C-max mated with a Seat Altea...

AE ought to be sued for slander for even trying to hint that they are genuine...

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
The silver car is pretty obviously a fake 'scoop' photo of a clay styling buck that has had alloys superimposed onto it, a lot of detail 'airbrushed' out and then replaced with photoshopped panel lines and lights - presumably by MGR. The green car was then comissioned by AutoExcess who gave their artist the photo of the silver 'scoop' and said "See what you can do with that, were doing an article on MGR and need a cover to sell more copies, make it look good".

I'd be very surprised if it's RD40. I think there's what's left of old R25 under all that clay, hence the axle stands. Heavy stuff clay...

·
Registered
mg_6_gt
1,580 Posts
I hadnt really thought about the possibility of the car being the replacement for the 25, but looking closer I think that it is plausible, and agree with those who say that the car would sell.

I also think that it is very important for the Rover brand to lose its Grandad image, and this car goes a long way towards that aim. I also like the MG version as drawn, and would certainly buy one. There is however no chance that it will look like that!

·
Registered
512 Posts
deelunn said:
i think teh first looks liek a fiat stilo with amg front end! and the second isnt even worth wommenting on, due to the poor ps skills that were used to produce it! i mean they could of made it a little bit more believable! check out the background and tires and teh cream thing in the foreground!
agreed, my first thought was, christ, whats MGR doign with my perents Stilo 5door!
ever notice on the 2nd one the rear door handle isnt on the door but on the rear bodywork?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts