MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all

Strange how things work out, I was due to collect a '54 (12/04) 75 Conn CDTI SE 13k miles, starlight silver last Tuesday but unfortunately the funds hadn't cleared in time so had to delay it till Friday. My first mods were going to be, fit 17" alloys (£600 ish) and install message centre instrument console (£460 + vat), wasn't keen on spending a further 1k but did want the toys so no choice. Browsing the garage web page on the Thursday prior to collection, I noticed they had brought on a '54 (02/05) 75 Contemporary CDTI 11k miles and having called for the spec it was in fact an SE. Order changed, transported up to Glasgow, collection tomorrow. Soon to be part of the team, yippee, with all the toys. Look forward to the day when we can have a meet closer to Scotland. Now I have to sell my Rover 420i whilst my wife trundles around happily in her Cityrover.

Cheers Guys.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Shabbs said:
Now I have to sell my Rover 420i whilst my wife trundles around happily in her Cityrover.

Cheers Guys.
I don't think your wife will be happy in the Cityrover for long once she's had a few outings in your new baby.

I thought by choosing a tourer with an auto box my wife wouldn't want to drive the 75. But now I can't get her out of it and I often end up rattling to work in 'her' Fiat Punto go-kart!

Be warned....!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Warning noted Basher, maybe I'll lower the electric drivers seat so low that she won't be able to see over the bonnet.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Welcome to the club Shabbs

i must say the best toy in mine is the rear blind, its the first thing i always show people in my car :D

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
My fave toys are the Cruise Control and Rear Sunblind however it appears I shall be losing both when I replace my current 75 in September.

I have decided that a Contemporary SE (2005 MY) would be the closest match to the specification of my current Connoisseur SE however the sunblind isn't available on any mk2 75 and cruise control is only fitted to V8 derivatives.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
David Lee Newsham said:
I have decided that a Contemporary SE (2005 MY) would be the closest match to the specification of my current Connoisseur SE however the sunblind isn't available on any mk2 75 and cruise control is only fitted to V8 derivatives.
If the sunblind is true then it may be possible to retrofit. I cant believe that cruise is only on a V8 though? You mean on the stock cars?

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
According to the very last 75 brochure published by MG Rover in March 2005, Cruise Control is only standard equipment on V8 Connoisseur SE and Contemporary SE models.

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
48 Posts
basher said:
I don't think your wife will be happy in the Cityrover for long once she's had a few outings in your new baby.

I thought by choosing a tourer with an auto box my wife wouldn't want to drive the 75. But now I can't get her out of it and I often end up rattling to work in 'her' Fiat Punto go-kart!

Be warned....!
Ditto that, My wife's claimed our tourer auto, named it Kermit and put her private plates on it. :doh: & I'm left with 'MY' Corsa (not for long I can assure you!)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well all the standard toys Keith. Car is a draeam, particularly the H/K sound system, absolute quality. The only niggle is slight wind noise appearing to eminate from the passenger door vent or windscreen vent at 70+, driving me nuts. Has anyone experienced similar? Pics to follow.

Cheers

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Cruise Control is available as part of the Option Packs.

Electric Rear Sunblind was still available as a Monogram Option, but I guess was rarely chosen.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Shabbs said:
Well all the standard toys Keith. Car is a draeam, particularly the H/K sound system, absolute quality. The only niggle is slight wind noise appearing to eminate from the passenger door vent or windscreen vent at 70+, driving me nuts. Has anyone experienced similar? Pics to follow.

Cheers
Well thats one up on me I don't have the HK Amp :)
Re your noises post it in ask the Gurus for a wider audience.

I assume the vent does blow air when the fan is on i.e all the pipe work is there?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks guys
Definetely the best colour, cherished plate yet to be transferred, the wheels are one of my favourites from Rover, one is badly kerbed so will be looking for repair or replacement. Will post in the guru section also.
Glad to be part of the forum.

Cheers guys.

Ian.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts