MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I like to treat my cars as well as I can for I'm convinced that they'll give us back aplenty our good services.
So after 18 months I've done the oil & filter service of the missus 25 1.4.
So far I'd used Castrol, Shell and Mobil.
Why not trying another good one?
My choice fell on a well famed oil among the sporting cars: Petronas.
And to keep the specifications as close as possible to the quality recommended, this one:

I've filled with 4.5L hence not too bad, I'd nearly emptied the tank.
Just taking off the filter is an hell of a job, the spot is very tight and there's not much room mainly when you're lying on the ground.
Rather comical to put a so called racing oil into a daily car but I should add that I've got the same can on the shelf to feed my V6 and my cabby with!
It's only money and I bet Petronas didn't cost me that much more (£19.46 / 22.90€ the 5L can) compared to a cheapo crap... 😜

·
Registered
MG ZT, Rover 25
5,817 Posts
Good job. My cars alway get their annual oil changes, just before the MOTs. Yes the 25 filter access is a bit tight, but it takes longer to do the ZT as the 1/2 under-tray needs to come off! Working around the under-tray is possible, but it’s quicker just to remove it.

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I quite agree about the undertray. That's why I ask my good man to do it at the same time as other bits & pieces because all those bolts without any lift for the car to ease the job give me an headache! :mad:
I took the cabby and at our Sunday restaurant near Cahors today our table neighbours were... British (with a French plaque): not uncommon in my area and always a pleasure... :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts