MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just bought an MGF today! Its very dark blue, sometimes looks black. 99 T Plate. The paint code is 'LOW'. What T-Cut (or equivalent) colour should i buy to polish the car?

Picture http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/davehoonter/DSC00033.jpg

Another question is does anyone know how to / or has anyone wired a road angel into their MGF? Stretching the wire to the cig lighter is a bit dodgy looking.

Next question is, is it normal for the side vents to be on everytime i park up etc. or am i doing something wrong?!

Cheers!!
Dave - New MGF'er

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
With regards to the side vents, when you say "on" do you mean the fan?

If so check the 15amp fuse in position 3 (IIRC check the handbook) to ensure the cooling fan is operational :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah they don't stay on for ever but they are on when i've been driving.

used to drive a 106 so pretty different, and the fan wasnt always going when i pulled up home but just thought i'd check.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
The side vents are connected with the engine bay rather than the radiator fan. All it means is that your car has sensed that the engine bay is a little hot, and its cooling it down. No surprise in the summer I guess. Is the radiator fan at the front of the car on also? This would indicate its the coolant that is hot.

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
Welcome to the nut-house, Dave! :bgrin:

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
davehoonter said:
Thought that was grey rather than blue?

it may be LQW, its dark in the garage! :)

The 'grey' was charcoal, which i think was before anthracite was introduced, anthracite replacing the charcoal (?) It does get confusing though, as i think many will confirm 'grey' is what is down on the V5! :confused:

Probably the best colour for a get away car. Bystanders will report a 'black' car, you can say yours is 'blue' and if the police want to do a check on your documents you can say its grey! :lol:

:err:

:getcoat:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts