MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
rover_45
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has designed an MG coupe concept car based on the Aston Martin V8 Vantage. In case Ford ever bought MGR (no chance, I know) they could introduce an affordable version called MG Z coupe. My friend even created engine variants, updated versions of the KV6 and 32 valve plus supercharged versions of the Ford V8 engine. I hope you'll like the sketches of a Hungarian graphic designer who loves MGR cars and actually owns two (ZS 180, Streetwise).

Cheers,

George

Attachments

·
Registered
8,428 Posts
I really love the rear. The lights are just right.
The front grille should be bigger.
Lovely design though! A lot of potential.

I wish to see a topless form of that. Afterall, roadster is what MG is about.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Bit too pricey for an MG - MGs are meant to be affordable for the masses (yes I'm aware they've made the SV, which is still pretty much a Qvale Mangusta)

Fine car otherwise (SV and the concept)

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
Yummy! Nice looker that. Obviously it looks like an Aston but that hasn't done Jag much harm, has it? Would make a nice £40k 2+2 MG coupe

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
5,867 Posts
Drpgy said:
updated versions of the KV6 and 32 valve plus supercharged versions of the Ford V8 engine.
the out of the box 32 valve 4.6 from Ford gives 320bhp so the 300ps listed is a little under the money.

the 24 valve (3 per cylinder) that replaced the old 16v is also rated at 300bhp.

·
Registered
rover_45
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the positive comments. Patrick, You're right, my friend stands corrected. His design approach isn't a continuation of the edgy theme by Peter Stevens seen on the last MGR facelifts, it has more in common with classic British cars with flowing lines. I think Aston Martin features the finest British design currently, both inside and out, so a sports car can do do worse than resemble a model of AM. BTW my friend is working on the interior...

George

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
No offence, but its just an Aston Martin with a body kit. Im not saying it doesnt look great, but he can hardly take credit for the design.

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
Samuel said:
No offence, but its just an Aston Martin with a body kit. Im not saying it doesnt look great, but he can hardly take credit for the design.
why jag do it and this least looks better and diferant comared with the jag-AM current copys

·
Registered
28,089 Posts
makes a nice desktop wall paper if nothing else , lets be honest it will never be but its very nice and give the lad some cedit hes donr some very nice work on that

1 - 19 of 19 Posts