MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if anyone else has noticed but MG have a few large billboard poster ads around N London advertising the TF. Not sure who there aiming for but the pic is of a silver TF being driven by an older couple! Nice to see the TF being promoted though!

·
Banned
9,958 Posts
Did a double take when I saw this on a billboard today as my train sailed through Watford Junction (v. nice place-have to say that in case Dell is reading this :) )

MGR have clearly identified a new and burgeoining market. Perhaps they realised this when they discovered Deano's real age or the average age of F anf TF owners on here :lol:

err..............I'll get my coat shall I ;)

Regards

Mike

·
Registered
17,079 Posts
MX-5 is increasingly aimed at the pink market, the TF is targeting the silver market. Or at least, those whose family have left home, have already received some inheritancies from even older people and have decided to buy before it's too late.

Don't you agree Pete and Mike??

·
Registered
47,845 Posts
Sprinter said:
MX-5 is increasingly aimed at the pink market, the TF is targeting the silver market. Or at least, those whose family have left home, have already received some inheritancies from even older people and have decided to buy before it's too late.

mine was bought with an inheritance, so yes, I agree, I think.

·
Banned
9,958 Posts
Sprinter said:

Yes I do and it is a good market to target because it is growing and will do so for at least the next decade.

And whose to say you cant have a 75 and then a TF for when more excitement and less cosseting is required :)

Regards

Mike

G

·
Unfortunately, it also subconsciously hints that the TF is heading for retirement and oblivion.

I would have thought it would have been better to show it being used to get OUT of the retirement home and enjoy life to the full.

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Richard Moss said:
Unfortunately, it also subconsciously hints that the TF is heading for retirement and oblivion.

I would have thought it would have been better to show it being used to get OUT of the retirement home and enjoy life to the full.

...I agree, bit of a dodgy campaign IMO .... better have some Grandma giving her Chav grandson a lesson in high speed driving would have been a better message

edit: (though probably would be banned actually... seems you cant even show cars moving these days... let alone driving quick.... Nanny state :cus: )

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
mgtf nut said:
Got a good piccie of the advert from the Sunday SWMGF run, but I can't post attachments!!!!

...actually the "manage attachements" ... or whatever its called, seems to have disapeared ? :err:

...if you look right at the bottom in the "posting rules" ... it states (well on mine anyways) "you may NOT post attachements" ? :err:

edit: ... think its got something to do with the Server swap

·
Green Goddess
7,614 Posts
Yes ive got one right in the middle of the village and i cringe everytime i drive past it!! And its by a set of traffic lights which is right in front of a roundabout so there is always traffice q'd in front of it with me in the q in front of the poster, i think its a naff campaign imho!:sick2:

·
Registered
17,079 Posts
Paula

When you stop at the lights you should pose as 'the exception that proves the rule' and I'll be the one that backs up the ad.

Shame you missed the lunch run on Sunday, there were loads of younger people there:bgrin:

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
618 Posts
I must admit I initially reacted in horror to this ad, and it took me a while to figure out the joke. Given the problems MG have had historically overcoming their fogeyish image, this was an unfortunate choice.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I still think that Mini had the best Ad when the new model came out a few years ago. Instead of the usual billboard ads, they had a full sized replicas of the car in random places in city centres, ie driving vertically up tower block 50 foot up.

Very good indeed.

·
Green Goddess
7,614 Posts
Sprinter said:
Paula

When you stop at the lights you should pose as 'the exception that proves the rule' and I'll be the one that backs up the ad.

Shame you missed the lunch run on Sunday, there were loads of younger people there:bgrin:
If id of known chocs were involved i wouldve been there like a shot!!:minxy: Joking aside ive got a couple of friends in dire straits at the mo one has just had a lump found one is due to get married this Sat but has been hospitalised due to pre-eclampsia in 7th month of pregnancy so was needed round here over the weekend :sad3:

·
Registered
17,079 Posts
PaulaM said:
If id of known chocs were involved i wouldve been there like a shot!!:minxy: Joking aside ive got a couple of friends in dire straits at the mo one has just had a lump found one is due to get married this Sat but has been hospitalised due to pre-eclampsia in 7th month of pregnancy so was needed round here over the weekend :sad3:
Paula, you made the correct, and only, decision. Choccies are on hold until a better time.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.