MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer seems to think there has been a shift of attitude towards brining the new MG 6 here in the near future.

It does seem they will certainly be making it right hand drive for other right hand markets so may well decide to bring it here.

Who knows and personally I think they would be missing a trick by not doing so.

So maybe just maybe it's becoming more of a possibility.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
To be honest from the pictures I've seen of it and the specs I saw of one with a turbo engine and electric motor which combined is stated to be around 200bhp it would sorely tempt me.

As much as like my 3 I want something bigger and as OK as the ZS and GS (and the even the HD which will be coming soon) are I just don't want an SUV particularly.

Registered
Sadly the market here for such a car doesn't exist, much like when the first MG6 was on sale, so I'd be very rto see it brought here.

As much as it infuriates the purists, hitting the market with SUVs is the right thing for MG to do, as their increasing sales show.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Sadly the market here for such a car doesn't exist, much like when the first MG6 was on sale, so I'd be very rto see it brought here.

As much as it infuriates the purists, hitting the market with SUVs is the right thing for MG to do, as their increasing sales show.
I agree but in small numbers to enhance the range it would surely make some sense to offer it.

It would bring in more punters looking for family saloons that don't really like SUV's but then be tempted to test them out.

There are still plenty of people who want to buy cars as opposed to SUV's not everyone wants a super mini or an SUV.

Registered
Hybrid and electric only

Without being too blunt, the market for such a category of car is dwindling so they would only need to bring both the hybrid version and the pure electric version which should satisfy the mini cab drivers which are currently driving around in Toyota's.

Otherwise most people would go mainstream diesel and get a VW Passat, Skoda Superb, Vauxhall Insignia or a Ford Mondeo.

Cheers..

Premium Member
The market may be dwindling now, but all those bmw's and audi's that could go up in price and be harder to get may tempt the Chinese to offer a replacement especially as their market is in a downturn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts