MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!
Just a quick post to introduce myself. My name is Gareth Jenkins, i'm 25 and come from Newport South Wales. As a long standing member of
www.club323f.com i've always been a huge fan of the Mazda 323f range of cars, owning several over the past few years, including my latest addition to the family which is a subtubly modified 1996 323f Lxi. However, the last few weeks has brought an unexpected (yet highly delightful) outcome to my perception of car ownership.

To cut a long story short, my brother brought a 1997 Rover 618i at Auction 2 weeks back for the Measly sum of £500 to become his first car. Although that sounds a lot for the basic "I" model, the vehicle has a brand new MOT, 62,000 miles with full rover service history and gleaming red coachwork so reliability had to come before "bargain price" hunting. Because the car came without tax (which is needed to park on our street) and because my insurance renewal is due on 27 June, an agreement was struck that i would swap my insurance over for him, use it to tax the car, and then run the Rover around until my renewal in June when i would then swap back to the Mazda.

Well things were great... until i fell in love with the smooth quiet refinedness of the Rover! After owning modified cars for the last few years it was lovely to have a daily driver that is so quiet and comfortable. Also, with being 6'8", it was nice to have a car where i could actually fit in 4 passengers without having to drive with my knees around my ears!! Although the looks of the car are pretty bland as standard, there is also a certain something that i really admire about elegance of the body-styling! Noticing my ever increasing amount of comliments about the rover my brother decided to approach me and offer me a deal - his Rover with a full service & 500 in exchange for my Mazda with every modification as it stands - I SAID YES!!

So this leads me here where hopefully you guys can assist me and help to make my rover owning experience a favourable one! I have a few modifications in mind for the car:

OUTSIDE
Rover Vitty Sport Alloys
Lowered 35mm (probably GMAX as they are only £80)
A SW Auto Styling Kit (or Replica if i can find a manufacturer)
Renault Laguna Front Splitter

INSIDE
Rover 620 TI (or 618 iS) Half Leather Interior (Door Cards & Back Seats)
Rover 800 Vitty Sport Recaro Half Leather Front Seats
Upgraded Sound System.
I am already in talks with another member about the purchase of their interior which i was meant to pick up this weekend but had flu. I also have my eyes on a Vitty Sport on Ebay which is being sold for spares (only 71 miles from me) and has the Sport Alloys and Recaros that i am after. At the moment the car is standard but i will post pictures as my wish list progressed along being purchased.
If anyone has any of the parts mentioned above though then please contact me via PM and give me a price, even for the interior and wheels.

Regards
Gareth

P.S. For those interested, here are a few pictures of Lucy (my former car which is now owned by my brother).

·
Registered
510 Posts
first off welcome to the forums :D seams like you have an idea where your going with the car, laguna spliters suit it down to the ground as do vitty alloys, be nice to see some pic's of your beast.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found a picture on my PC of the day after we brought the car home from Auction so here is "Reginald", the beast that he is :) lol

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,916 Posts
Lucy and Reginald .... :)... :rofl:

Rovers are Daves or MIkes, never Reggies....

By the way ~ welcome to Rover ownership. They aint bad old motors....

·
Registered
mg_zs
196 Posts
hi mate welcome to the forum good choice in cars rovers are so underestimated i love em had nearly all the old shapes now and some new ones going for the zr next year and prob sell my ti

1 - 5 of 5 Posts