MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought and new MG ZS 2021 and I’m at my wits end as after locking it with the key fob the alarm goes off! It has been back to the garage to have the rear passenger doors child lock repaired and I thought this had solved the problem but no! After two alarm free days it has reverted back. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As its very new i assume its under warranty ? Check
For spider /web near sensor, has been known to
Cause problems
Where abouts are the sensors? It is very new and under warranty but I’m not having any luck with the dealership so I’m looking for solutions that I can implement myself. Thank you

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

2 things come to mind, either the battery is low or you have a device which is plugged in the ODB port which is triggering the voltage drop sensor in the alarm.

Are you able to confirm that you do not have something plugged in to the ODB port such as a vehicle tracking device which is used by insurance companies to track driver behaviour?

Another thing that could cause the alarm to go off is the Find my car option which can be set to flash the indicators and horn which is similar to an alarm going off. You can trigger this by inadvertently pressing the lock button on the key fob.

Have a look in the owner's manual about how to switch this to flashing the indicators only.

Good luck!

Cheers..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

2 things come to mind, either the battery is low or you have a device which is plugged in the ODB port which is triggering the voltage drop sensor in the alarm.

Are you able to confirm that you do not have something plugged in to the ODB port such as a vehicle tracking device which is used by insurance companies to track driver behaviour?

Another thing that could cause the alarm to go off is the Find my car option which can be set to flash the indicators and horn which is similar to an alarm going off. You can trigger this by inadvertently pressing the lock button on the key fob.

Have a look in the owner's manual about how to switch this to flashing the indicators only.

Good luck!

Cheers..
Thanks for your reply. I do have a black box tracking device in my car so I’ll disconnect it and see if it solves the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hopefully, this will be the cause but you'll need to find out from the black box tracking company as to why this would be triggering the ECU.
I have been in touch with my insurance company to find an alternative to the black box but have decided to wait until the garage hooks it up to the diagnostic tool to make sure that the problem is what we suspect and not another sensor issue. Thanks for your help though.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I have been in touch with my insurance company to find an alternative to the black box but have decided to wait until the garage hooks it up to the diagnostic tool to make sure that the problem is what we suspect and not another sensor issue. Thanks for your help though.
If the 12-volt battery hadn't been disconnected before being transported from China, you could find that the cold weather is causing issues as the battery wouldn't have been able to keep the charge. You might need to invest in a battery conditioner though in situations like this, sometimes the 12-volt battery needs to be replaced under warranty.

The company SAIC that make the MG brand of cars previously had some issues with Varta branded 12-volt batteries in their ZS EV models. I had to replace the Varta 12 volt battery in my own 2018 reg ZS SUV after 2 1/2 years with a better Bosch battery because of electrical gremlins such as the interior lights not working randomly and the start/stop no longer working. Since changing the battery this year, no such problems have been noted.

Cheers..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts