MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new to this....
Just got myself a lovely MGTF in Sienna Gold & am loving driving her.
Can anyone tell me what colour the badges should be. At first I thought they'd faded badly, they look silver rather than the gold & burgundy. Should they be silver on silver?
Cheer
Be

·
Registered
mg_tf
673 Posts
Good evening Geraldine, welcome to the forum.
Your car is an unusual one- Sienna Gold is an uncommon colour. MG badges are notoriously prone to fading. It seems MG sourced them from overseas (Turkey??) and they are not of the best quality. Badges should be red lettering on cream background, with red hexagon round the outside.
Here's how to change:

New badges are readily available, a quick google will find plenty of sources.
You'll also find enterprising folk are now making badges available in almost any colour combination you fancy.
Enjoy your car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It definitely isn't coloured like I've seen on others, definitely no hint of red or gold/cream. Wanted to make sure of original colour badges before I ordered off ebay but thanks for your info

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm new to owning an mg & thrilled with my mgtf. Since I got her I've found out she's a golden jubilee 2002 sienna gold. Had a bit of bad luck on way back from picking her up, I broke down. Alternator had packed in half way home. Never had a car that went billy bonkers with loss of rev counter & speedo. Anyway all fixed & she's a beauty to drive.
Very happy 😊

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
Well good luck with her from here on. That was obviously a fault the the previous owner sold on to you. :( Never had a TF myself, but plenty of MG-R's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mechanic told me it could have happened at any time, the belt was perishing & alternator wasn't charging the battery. Something to look out for when you buy a car that's not been used much over a number of years.
Hope you had a good weekend
Gerrymandering

Well good luck with her from here on. That was obviously a fault the the previous owner sold on to you. :( Never had a TF myself, but plenty of MG-R's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good evening Geraldine, welcome to the forum.
Your car is an unusual one- Sienna Gold is an uncommon colour. MG badges are notoriously prone to fading. It seems MG sourced them from overseas (Turkey??) and they are not of the best quality. Badges should be red lettering on cream background, with red hexagon round the outside.
Here's how to change:

New badges are readily available, a quick google will find plenty of sources.
You'll also find enterprising folk are now making badges available in almost any colour combination you fancy.
Enjoy your car.
Thanks for that, it was very useful. .......bloomin hard to get off even with your advice, I think over time & sunbaked the badges had become brittle.
She's starting to look lovely. I need to replace the clock, my next project. I think the previous owner was a little heavy-handed when changing the time & it's stuck so continues to go around. Hope it doesn't wear the battery down.
Cheers, Geraldine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts