MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Just joined up, ive owned a rover 45 club se 2004 for a couple of years. Recently i have had an issue with water in the water tank boiling and today it blew the cap off with the pressure. I have already paid out over £200 for a whole new water pump, the head gasket dye test came back negative, so just wondering what this could be.

Im sure the garage said the thermo was ok also, thought there could be an airlock maybe? if i squeeze the hose air exits through the tank.

Obviously i dont want to keep driving it if im doing serious damage but i drive every day for work so its crucial to get this sorted asap.

any help you be appreciated.

kind regards

max

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Hello and welcome, sorry can't help but I'm sure someone will be along to help-there are relevant How to's so try that. Good luck and enjoy all the Forums have to offer

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
Hi

Just joined up, ive owned a rover 45 club se 2004 for a couple of years. Recently i have had an issue with water in the water tank boiling and today it blew the cap off with the pressure. I have already paid out over £200 for a whole new water pump, the head gasket dye test came back negative, so just wondering what this could be.

Im sure the garage said the thermo was ok also, thought there could be an airlock maybe? if i squeeze the hose air exits through the tank.

Obviously i dont want to keep driving it if im doing serious damage but i drive every day for work so its crucial to get this sorted asap.

any help you be appreciated.

kind regards

max
could be an air lock, or a sticky thermostat.... or even the cap! have you tried changing that? x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts