MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks, I've just bought a 200 ds as a little run around while I'm waiting on a clutch for the TVR.

I just wanted to say Hi and thanks for the help i've already got from previous threads and from rover-rons tuning guide.

I was going to try to resist the urge to fiddle with it but this forums convinced me otherwise :)

I've got a K&N on the way as part of the service i'm performing and I'll probably gut the cat while i'm on. Any other inexpensive mods that you guys would recommend?

What sort of gains, over standard does, following Ron's guide release. I know the non-intercooled version is harder to get good numbers out of but I was just curious to know what numbers I could expect?

·
Registered
25,606 Posts
Some lad on here Friggerpants added an intercooler and got 120 something horsies on a recent rolling road.

My van (older but similar engine with no intercooler) has about 100 horsies, so somewhere in that ball park is attainable.

Up the boost, decat and then setup the fueling and off you go.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response.

I read a thread about fitting the intercooler to a non-IC engine and it didnt seem too hard. Suppose its just a case of getting the bits and bolting it on then adjusting the fueling? Or have i over simplified?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I bet you paid less for the 200 than for the new clutch on your TVR.... A mate of mine had the Cerbera and it spent more time in the shop than on the road.. You should sell the TVR and spend ALL the money on mods for your 200.. Imagine the result you could get wacking £10 to £20K of mods on a 200 diesel.. lol

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
302 Posts
I bet you paid less for the 200 than for the new clutch on your TVR.... A mate of mine had the Cerbera and it spent more time in the shop than on the road.. You should sell the TVR and spend ALL the money on mods for your 200.. Imagine the result you could get wacking £10 to £20K of mods on a 200 diesel.. lol
mmmmm Now let me think the sound of a diesel or the sound of a tvr? i know which i would choose

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its a TVR cerbera 4.5. Its been very reliable upto now. Only had a starter motor and a clutch go in 10 months. Its still cost me over £3k in servicing in repairs since i bought it last summer. :cus:

As pete says you cant beat the sound of a TVR. pops bangs and flames are awesome :lol:

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
302 Posts
Its a TVR cerbera 4.5. Its been very reliable upto now. Only had a starter motor and a clutch go in 10 months. Its still cost me over £3k in servicing in repairs since i bought it last summer. :cus:

As pete says you cant beat the sound of a TVR. pops bangs and flames are awesome :lol:
Sounds nearly as good as my brothers turbo hayabusa.

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
302 Posts
OMFG In a bike?? That must be mental! I've seen a few vids of them on youtube and it looks like some scary ****! lol
Its a bit lively to say the least with just short of 600 bhp out of 1300cc, it has done a 7.97 quarter mile @ 192mph and if you wanted to it could still be ridden on the road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts