MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, typical Friday, Knackered and clock watching, so I decided to make my day a little more interesting and make myself some heater knobs that I’ve been wanting to do but never seem to have the time, anyway I thought I’d post some pics to see what you all think, tbh I cant decide if I like them or not, to me they seem on the plus side neat and tidy, but on the downside, a bit plain. See what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Oh bloody hell Kev, those are brilliant. When are you going into production, how much for a set of brushed alloy ones ?????????

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Kev

I think they look pretty good; that's good from me because I quite like the originals.

So, are you a 'knob maker' by training or is that really a sideline? I'm useless at making things from hard materials - my best ever was a mild steel chestnut roaster when I was in school in about 1960.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Woh!!!! I NEED some of those......PPPPLLLLLLeeeEease.....make us some...they are the very best ive ever seen. What a superb job you have done mate.....

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
ill have a set if they will fit MGF too :D

1.petevick
2.fecae2000

comon lets get a list going maybe he can go into mass production :D

·
Registered
mgf
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you all for your great replies, dead chuffed now, it’s nice when your work is appreciated, I’m glad you all like them. They’re beginning to grow on me more now as well, I’ve just been out in the car tonight and the more I look, the more I like, still could do with some detailing on them though or something imo, I was thinking of engraving the letters M G F on each one for a bit of detailing but scrapped the idea off, thought it might be a bit tacky, plus I would need to machine a flat across the top to do this which would spoil the dome.

Sprinter, I suppose you could just call it a hobby of mine, I enjoy making things for my car, unique items that nobody else has, when I can find the time to fit them in, I’m always busy doing other stuff.

I can’t believe you all want some, if I made them for you lot they wouldn’t be unique on my car then, I’d have to do some different ones again for mine ;) .

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Kev said:
Thank you all for your great replies, dead chuffed now, it’s nice when your work is appreciated, I’m glad you all like them. They’re beginning to grow on me more now as well, I’ve just been out in the car tonight and the more I look, the more I like, still could do with some detailing on them though or something imo, I was thinking of engraving the letters M G F on each one for a bit of detailing but scrapped the idea off, thought it might be a bit tacky, plus I would need to machine a flat across the top to do this which would spoil the dome.

Sprinter, I suppose you could just call it a hobby of mine, I enjoy making things for my car, unique items that nobody else has, when I can find the time to fit them in, I’m always busy doing other stuff.

I can’t believe you all want some, if I made them for you lot they wouldn’t be unique on my car then, I’d have to do some different ones again for mine ;) .

Well get thinking then chap cause i can see a few hundred quid of sales between us few people alone!!!

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Kev said:

NO, NO, NO. Thats not how it works, you HAVE to make some, its the law, plus, I have a TF, your's is an F, so they'd be different anyway. Just think of the extra cash, you could spend it on stuff for your F. YA GOTTA MAKE EM MATE, PLLEEEEEEEEEASEEE.

·
Registered
mgf
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Are the fittings the same on the TF as in the Mk2 F, I know the Mk1 F’s have different fittings as I found out from Andy (SF), but I found a site that gave me the dimensions, sort of. If you really want some, I’d be happy to make them for you.

1 - 20 of 272 Posts