MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Ill yet you know on monday!

I ordered mine from dabs yesterday

looks a good no nonsense approach - not as good as a £400 unit - but for £80 dont think you can go wrong - hook it up to your PDA and get SAT NAV too!

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
When Toad sent my stereo back from being repaired it had little ad for one of these inside. They claimed it was an exclusive device.. It looks very basic, but if it works then its a bargin.

These devices are fully legal, only those units that actually detect a live camera are going to be banned.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
snellgrc said:
Ill yet you know on monday!

I ordered mine from dabs yesterday

looks a good no nonsense approach - not as good as a £400 unit - but for £80 dont think you can go wrong - hook it up to your PDA and get SAT NAV too!
If these work then I'll keep my eye open on Ebay for one, so keep us posted when you get it.

·
Registered
rover_75
53 Posts
I've had one of these for a couple of weeks now, as said basic but effective. There are 2 cameras near me, on different roads but quite close to each other and it picks up both whatever road you are on which is really the only problem I have had.
Not had a Laser alert or been through a Specs set up yet, well I hope not!! So cant really comment on that side of it but seems very good so far at finding the Truvelo (fixed) cameras that have sprung up around Hampshire.
Not sure if it's worth getting one off e-bay as you have to register it and give Bank details for the subscription Snooper charge for updates, free for the 1st 6 months, then £4.95 a month.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pompeyrich said:
Not sure if it's worth getting one off e-bay as you have to register it and give Bank details for the subscription Snooper charge for updates, free for the 1st 6 months, then £4.95 a month.
I'm talking about a new one not a used one.
Anyway it says that it's free for the first year and then £24.99 per year for updates.

·
Registered
mg_zs
1,728 Posts
pompeyrich said:
I've had one of these for a couple of weeks now, as said basic but effective. There are 2 cameras near me, on different roads but quite close to each other and it picks up both whatever road you are on which is really the only problem I have had.
Not had a Laser alert or been through a Specs set up yet, well I hope not!! So cant really comment on that side of it but seems very good so far at finding the Truvelo (fixed) cameras that have sprung up around Hampshire.
I didn't think it picked up laser?

·
Registered
rover_75
53 Posts
Sorry lads I was too lazy to press the link. The link says snooper 3 so I assumed it was a Snooper S3 which is what I have and does have laser and is £4.95 a month, Sorry again for the confusion, I'll read things properly next time !!

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
these things don't "detect", they tell you where fixed speed cameras are, they don't detect them, information is downloaded from the internet and transfered to the unit. It's a GPS system.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts