MG-Rover.org Forums banner

New full exhaust

690 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Phil 
#1 ·
Just had my car fail its mot on emissions (everything else 100%). CO is meant to be 0.3% Max and mine was 2%, so its back off to the garage on monday for an ECU reading which means I can't drive all weekend :sad3:.

However I was browsing Ebay and I saw that I can replace all of the exhaust system excluding the manifold for about £120 inc delivery. Now based on the amount of money I've spent on this car I'm planning on keeping it for a long time so will it be worth replacing the exhaust system as the current one has prob got all sorts of crap in it clogging it up, plus it looks pretty grubby with all the rust and the flexi pipe is falling apart.

#4 ·
roverboy said:
I've already built myself a direct fit s/s backbox to go with my body kit and that cost my about £80 so £250 for cat back isn't an option. As I said the current exhaust looks like its had it and theres about a 2-3mm build up of carbon crap.
If its a full standard new system then it sounds like a good deal. Although dont bank on this being the problem as far as your emmissions are concerned. Its more likely to be the lambda sensor/o2 sensor which you might as well replace while you are having the full system done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.