MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello iv just started on this forum as i bought a 1993 white rover metro 1.4 8v single point injected Si haha yes i did my homework before i bought the little beast. its not in the best of condition but i decided as soon i i test drove it that it had to be mine! im looking to do mainly handling and performance modifications i want it to be a little sleeper as iv already beaten everything off the lights i love it! my favourite car so far. iv found a full de-cat system at a bargin price for a new one, and the usual like induction kit ect, but at the momoent i want the beast to handle better! iv never come across hydrogas suspension before and readin info on other sites it is possible to tighten up the suspension. is this an easy DIY job or should i find someone who know a little more wat their doin? also does the MG MGF suspension actually fit straight in on the front or does som fabrication need to be done?

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
you would want to upgrade to GTi suspension first, this means fitting GTi front dampers and a rear anti roll bar, you already have the front one as its a Si semi sporty model over basic metros.

yes MGF hydragas units fit in and have a stronger rating but will give a much harder ride, you need a suspension pump to fit them though.
get some good tyres too, the perrilli and dunlops arn't very good, people reckomend Toyo or yokies.

All this information in well documented on the metropower.co.uk forum if you do a search as its been asked many times being and guides for the suspension mods.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts