MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some speculations from autobild.de

2009 BMW will start to build a new model called LSC (Luxury Sports Cruiser). 5 meters long, not cheap, they want to build 50k to 70k every year at a German plant.

At their US plant they will start to build an X6 at the beginning of 2008. The X6 is the sportier brother of the X5 and will have a unique exterior and interior.

The drawings will not mean much, but they will be right with the market segments.

And the new X5 (arrives at the end of this year) as a spyshot and drawing.

·
Registered
rover_25
1,034 Posts
Go

It seems the more visually disgusting BMW's cars get the more people buy them......

Why anyone would pick a BMW X5 over a Range Rover Sport is beyond me. You'd have to be pretty vain and pathetic to do so.
________

·
Banned
9,909 Posts
By the time we get to 2009 I'm willing to bet that vehicles of that size will either be banned from or taxed off Europes roads. Fuel will be scarcer and those ugly lumps will be v. unpopular (imo of course :) )

Regards

Mike

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
ChrisMG said:
It seems the more visually disgusting BMW's cars get the more people buy them......

Why anyone would pick a BMW X5 over a Range Rover Sport is beyond me. You'd have to be pretty vain and pathetic to do so.
Well i think BMW are spiralling towards a bit of a shock. Basically the new 5 series and that were, to be honest, daring. Some liked them, some didnt, but it wasnt all bad.
People have obviously said (along with press feedback) that its too much, and they dont really like it, so they have toned it down, so now they are a sort of browny mush of the radical styling and a more contemporary style that BMW are famous for. Its....well, to use the technical term, "yucky".
I still maintain, the Z4 works, it looks brilliant.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
MikeM said:
By the time we get to 2009 I'm willing to bet that vehicles of that size will either be banned from or taxed off Europes roads. Fuel will be scarcer and those ugly lumps will be v. unpopular (imo of course :) )

Regards

Mike
Don't worry a V10 diesel and even a hybrid version is in tought.:bandit:

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeM: By the time we get to 2009 I'm willing to bet that vehicles of that size will either be banned from or taxed off Europes roads. Fuel will be scarcer and those ugly lumps will be v. unpopular
You talk about it like its a city bus or something. 5 meters is only 16.4 feet, that's really not that big at all. 50,000 cars should be very achievable, this is BMW were're talking about afterall.

As far as looks go, sure its not great, but BMW have done a lot worse over the years. You have to judge things in context, and in the context of a BMW, designed by Chris Bangle, in 2006, that doesn't look bad.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The magazine who made those drawings will have no idea how those cars will really look like. Not even BMW will know that up to now. They will only know a general direction - something like the X6 will be the sportier brother of the X5. The drawing a magazine creates from that is not uninteresting to look at but really means not much. I remember the 1-Series Convertible, the former drawings from autobild had nothing to do with the recent spyshots of the real car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts