Registered
mg_zs
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!
[FONT=&quot]I’ve just bought MG ZS 2.0 TD :

and p/x my old one:

...and they lived happy ever after :)

[/FONT] Few questions tough, any idea for sub in a boot as this is saloon.
I was thinking about drilling hole in the middle of a rear shelf and
making some kind of Bandpass Box, with a tube sticking out to join with shelf. Anyone tried that?

And where can I get cheap MAF replacement?

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,902 Posts
Nice one ... be interested to have some user feedback in due course ~ particularly MPG and performance.

·
Registered
mg_zs
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers! I really love this car, it is great to drive (when MAF works correctly :spanner: ). I think I will install front fog lights, but first have to deal with audio as installation is f*** up and sounds bad L
I will check my budget and hopefully install CarPC in it ;)

·
Registered
mg_zs
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice one ... be interested to have some user feedback in due course ~ particularly MPG and performance.
Performance - it is only 101hp but turbo works veeeeeery well :) fast enough for me... will have to cange MAF as it plays a bit. Could go a bit faster as 115mph is max.

MPG - my first trip on motorways 240 miles on about 22 liters of diesel.

·
Registered
mg_zs
223 Posts
my dad has a rover 75 diesel, i believe the same engine as yours, bmw one????????

his maf sensor went but the garage just unplugged it for max performance all the time, still returns 50mpg average

·
Registered
mg_zs
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sc9ar: AFAIK it is rover L-series engine. I was very supprised as R216 had 109 hp and was much smaller car and not so fast as this one :)

·
Registered
mg_zs
223 Posts
sc9ar: AFAIK it is rover L-series engine. I was very supprised as R216 had 109 hp and was much smaller car and not so fast as this one :)
in that case im not sure if the same applies, my dads has 100% got the bmw diesel engine in it. maf removal worked for him, you could always try it i guess

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
nice car, a huge upgrade from your previous one!

for the sub, just put a good one in your boot, no need for holes in the shelf.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
I like it alot *only 101bhp* pffft lol

Fogs definately-they do improve them my 400 looks nice with them

Another thing mudflaps!!!! Tar always gets splattered up the car for some reason and is a cow to get off, they were on rovers/definately on MG's but I canne find any for rover - black flaps on that grey would look v.nice

Congrats

·
Registered
mg_zs
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like it alot *only 101bhp* pffft lol

Fogs definately-they do improve them my 400 looks nice with them

Another thing mudflaps!!!! Tar always gets splattered up the car for some reason and is a cow to get off, they were on rovers/definately on MG's but I canne find any for rover - black flaps on that grey would look v.nice

Congrats
I will do remap... so it will be 130 - 140hp :)
hmm... mudflaps? it looks nice on R200... something like that? http://gallery.mg-rover.org/showphoto.php/photo/13283/size/big/cat/
any idea where i could get them?

·
Registered
rover_45
712 Posts
Congratulations!

Have a look through the threads on the diesel forum and particularly at Rover Ron's section if you've got MAF problems. He has a much better option that simply replacing the MAF with the pricey Bosch unit.

If you're cash conscious get yourself a decat before thinking about a remap. The difference is H U G E for very little outlay.

Enjoy

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
You need in this order....
A MAFAM
A decat pipe
A decent panel filter
A poketbikeup remap
Total cost, less than £250, and power up to 135-140bhp
I suppose really you should upgrade the brakes to vented front disks too.
Jim

·
Registered
mg_zs
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks!
I just spend last few days reading diesel forum :)
Yep i Think i will start from MAFAM and then decat... but first i will have to check my air con. ...it doesn't work at all.. (light is on but air con pipes are warm). I have 3 months warranty from dealer but he is like 70 miles from me… :/ I don’t want to travel with every single bit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts