MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Been reading here for a while now and just plucked up courage to post my very first thread...be kind to me!

Got my TF in July - waiting for it to be delivered seemed to take forever....but was it ever worth it!

Question - has anyone had a problem with the driver's window opening of its own accord? My partner said he thought I'd accidently triggered the one-touch action whilst fiddling around for a cd while driving....I swear I didn't! I heard from a friend that the Rover 200 had a similar fault and was recalled.

Love reading here btw, fantastic forum....I am as mad as they come, I'm afraid....and I love my anthracite TF so much that I would take it to bed with me if I could!

Andie....yep, a female Andie....just in case you were wondering!

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Andie....yep, a female Andie....just in case you were wondering!
Oh dear that was a mistake :p

Just kidding, welcome aboard, you know there's no exit door right? :err:

Anyway, can't say i've heard of a similar problem myself and never experienced it on mine or my friends (214 cab and 400 SDI) so i guess it's probably not a common thing.

the only thing i can advise really is to keep ya eye on it and if it does it again be doubly sure you were no where near the window switch and if you know you weren't take it back to the dealer and get them to look at it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Welcome to the forum Andie. :grouphug:

I lurked hear for a few weeks before I bought my TF.
And I agree with you, I'm madly in love with mine too.

Sorry can't help with the window problem other than to endorse what schtopper posted.

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
welcome, Andie, another one who wasn't brave enough for Trophy Yellow then ;)

Seem to remember reading 'bout the window problem on here, you tried a search, might throw something up :sick:

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Andie...welcome to the mad house... do a search on "window"... it is a known problem and has been discussed.... Have a look, then speak with your dealer, they will fix it under warranty no problems

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers for all the replies....I think!

This place is even more crazy than I first thought....scary, but very homely!

Just booked my TF in for tomorrow with my local dealer - have to have the driver's side front fog light replaced too after someone decided to see how easily it would smash when I left it parked up outside a pub for a couple of hours.....nice...

No Pete, just wasn't THAT brave....although my mate said that trophy yellow was more 'me'...lmao.... Nothing wrong with my sleek and sexy anthracite baby especially now she has her hard top on and with the grenadine cockpit and grenadine and black leather seats......she is just PERFECT! Okay, so I'm biased....!

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
What did I say?? :wtf: I meant we weren't being as nuts as is the normal run of things round here :)

I'll leave the testosterone fueled giddyness of a female member to other people :p

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Schtopper said:
What did I say?? :wtf: I meant we weren't being as nuts as is the normal run of things round here :)

I'll leave the testosterone fueled giddyness of a female member to other people :p

...fair point, we'll have to wait until Mr Freak and MG Deano arrive... no doubt begging for photo's as usual :)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Now I am beginning to panic......!

Doh....stupid me....just realised...they'll be wanting a picture of Aphrodite....my beautiful TF! LMAO......:D

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Hi there,

not heard of a lass being called andie before. learn something new every day or so they say.

Oh dear god. Youve called your car Aphrodite? tell me it isnt true ;)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AndyBrad said:
Hi there,

not heard of a lass being called andie before. learn something new every day or so they say.

Oh dear god. Youve called your car Aphrodite? tell me it isnt true ;)
Oi.....whats so wrong with calling my car after the goddess of LURVE?!;)

And yes, I am a lass and I am called Andie...yayyyyy!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Andie B said:
Oi.....whats so wrong with calling my car after the goddess of LURVE?!;)

And yes, I am a lass and I am called Andie...yayyyyy!
A woo yay back for the name :d

still not sure about the name. Although i am thinking of calling mine deathwarriorragingbeastmobile.... Trying to improve the masculine image ya see.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Must say I wanted to call our TF "Grey Wolf" ... but I was out voted by the SO (who in our house apparently carrys 37 votes compared to my 1 vote).. so its called Benji after her grey cat she had when she was a little girl :twak2:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts