MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would start a thread headed up Negative Thoughts. Please post any negative or MG Rover bashing comments in here. That way, those people that don't wish to read the comments, don't have to in other threads.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I see this as negative so....

can someone write down the worste case scenario that we can expect, is that basically GOODBYE ???

Sorry I just want to know exactly what COULD happen.

·
Registered
881 Posts
The company could go into receivership- that way its 100% over. Unfortunately its a likely scenario. fingers crossed
A company can still be bought out of receivership. That's how Standard picked up Triumph, for example. But (as I understand it) whereas an administrator tries to keep running the business whilst looking for buyers/investigating what happened, etc, the receivers are duty-bound to find the best bids for the assets, even if that means splitting the company up.

Liquidation (the stage after receivership) is what should be feared. Although even then, the assets have to go somewhere. And there's not much point in buying, say, tooling unless you're going to do something with it, so even a liquidation sale can lead to products/brands coming back to life - usually without any of the original company's debts, but without any of its goodwill either.

p.s. I might be wrong on all this, kind of from memory

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I hate the negativity, everyone is like I told you so ..... grrrrr , Dave accept it, its over. Its really quite sickening, but I suppose we all knew it was possible, I just really don't want Rover & MG broken up.

BTW when MG Rover merged , I heard they Froze MG's accounts & only traded with Rovers, is this true & if so could MG break away ??

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
The Chinese could pick up all of MG-R's technology at a dirt cheap price courtesy of the liquidators, and begin production of their version of the models in China, re-importing them to the U.K just to rub our faces in it for Proton cash.

Either that, or SAIC buy the rights to RDX-60 and produce it themselves; taking all the credit...

If that isn't enough to break your heart I don't know what is...

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Let's hope that if SAIC do re-enter negotiations, that they save the workers at Longbridge.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
3,679 Posts
EssexMGR said:
That way, those people that don't wish to read the comments, don't have to in other threads.
But that sort of head in the sand ignore-it-and-it-doesn't-really-matter is the kind of attitude that kills off companies...including car manufacturers. The ability for a firm to respond positively to legitimate criticism and feedback is vital.

DD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts