MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, as above I need some help with my Rover 214Si.

I tried selling it a while ago but failed and its been sitting off road since, I kept it running for a while but sort of forgot about it for a few months so shes not running now.
I've posted the car on hear before, its a realy nice blue 3dr with a 1.8 K engine from an MGF with new high lift cams, custom exhaust, Manifold, black diamond front discs and pads,Konishocks, nice set of polished Wolfrace 17" wheels, Lexus lights(was a good idea at the time), the engine has only done about 30000 and came with clutch and gearbox, theres a few other bits too.

Question 1: Whats it worth now? it has two faults, one is a noisy locking system the other is with emissions not getting past MOT, if its worth doing, how do I sort out the emissions? think its a fuleing thing.

Question 2: Bearing in mind the faults should I just sell it for parts? there's a lot of money on the car(engine, wheels etc) if I do how do I go about this? I'm no mechanic and I haven't anywhere to do it really.

Question 3: I need to get it running again, what do I need to check or do? thinking oil change, replace fluids, new plugs and charging battery, what else?

Question 4: Anybody want to take it off me hands? someone who knows what there doing could have a good little motor for very little money.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Know one who can give us some advice on getting her up and running? Ideas on the emissions? last time it went for an MOT it failed by some stupid .0000001 number of some sort, even the garage owner said he would have passed it if it wasn't for the new system, there must be some way of fixing this, last I was told it was the fuelling or something?, maybe if I put the original exhaust back on?

I'm guessing I'm just another victim of those cowboys at Moto Build, not surprised the cnts went bust.:mad:

If I can get it past the MOT I'll probably let someone in the family have it, would be a shame to scrap such a great little car.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi guys, as above I need some help with my Rover 214Si.

I tried selling it a while ago but failed and its been sitting off road since, I kept it running for a while but sort of forgot about it for a few months so shes not running now.
I've posted the car on hear before, its a realy nice blue 3dr with a 1.8 K engine from an MGF with new high lift cams, custom exhaust, Manifold, black diamond front discs and pads,Konishocks, nice set of polished Wolfrace 17" wheels, Lexus lights(was a good idea at the time), the engine has only done about 30000 and came with clutch and gearbox, theres a few other bits too.

Question 1: Whats it worth now? it has two faults, one is a noisy locking system the other is with emissions not getting past MOT, if its worth doing, how do I sort out the emissions? think its a fuleing thing.

Question 2: Bearing in mind the faults should I just sell it for parts? there's a lot of money on the car(engine, wheels etc) if I do how do I go about this? I'm no mechanic and I haven't anywhere to do it really.

Question 3: I need to get it running again, what do I need to check or do? thinking oil change, replace fluids, new plugs and charging battery, what else?

Question 4: Anybody want to take it off me hands? someone who knows what there doing could have a good little motor for very little money.
Question1. Don't the vlue of the car. The emissions from what you say the failure was really low. Top tip take your car for a good drive an hour or so leave it run and it may help you pass that necessary emission test.

Question2. the locking mechanism pick one up from a breakers yard

Question3.

+ check the tyres is the crip right, is there any bald patches, is the tred depth legal, is there any signs of damage.

+Check the ABS Fluid
+Check the Oil Levels
+Check screen wash levels
+Checks power steering levels.

Check the brakes e.g. go on a private road and try some hard braking.
Do you have any warning lights.

Check the fuses. On the rover 214 they are under the steering column. There is a black panel with three 1cm screws. Turn them anti-clockwise with a two pence coin.

Check the lights do they all work e.g. brakes lights, indicators, reverse lights etc.

Check you whiper blades. Check the whipers work, check the screen wash levels.

All basic things really that should be done before you take your car for an MOT, which can save you a bit of cash.

Question4. try on ebay and autotrader thats how i sold my old cars.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Question1. Don't the vlue of the car. The emissions from what you say the failure was really low. Top tip take your car for a good drive an hour or so leave it run and it may help you pass that necessary emission test.

Question2. the locking mechanism pick one up from a breakers yard

Question3.

+ check the tyres is the crip right, is there any bald patches, is the tred depth legal, is there any signs of damage.

+Check the ABS Fluid
+Check the Oil Levels
+Check screen wash levels
+Checks power steering levels.

Check the brakes e.g. go on a private road and try some hard braking.
Do you have any warning lights.

Check the fuses. On the rover 214 they are under the steering column. There is a black panel with three 1cm screws. Turn them anti-clockwise with a two pence coin.

Check the lights do they all work e.g. brakes lights, indicators, reverse lights etc.

Check you whiper blades. Check the whipers work, check the screen wash levels.

All basic things really that should be done before you take your car for an MOT, which can save you a bit of cash.

Question4. try on ebay and autotrader thats how i sold my old cars.

Cheers for that mate, I'm going to get her up and running this wkend and book an MOT some time next week, ebays a good idea think I may be doing that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts