MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I was having problems with my ABS and while I was cleaning up the sensors at the front I noticed that these rubber bushes were shall we say abit worse for the wear. The problem is I'm not sure what they are attached to. My mind is just blank on the subject at the moment. If anyone could tell me what the part is that they are attached to and whether or not renewing them is a diy job it would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Ball joint?

Looks like you would need a separater tool to prise it from the wishbone but I've never done one.

Hope this helps

Rik

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,902 Posts
Hi guys, I was having problems with my ABS and while I was cleaning up the sensors at the front I noticed that these rubber bushes were shall we say abit worse for the wear. The problem is I'm not sure what they are attached to. My mind is just blank on the subject at the moment. If anyone could tell me what the part is that they are attached to and whether or not renewing them is a diy job it would be much appreciated.
That's the anti-roll bar linkage.

Cost approx 30 quid from Rover spares counter according to my son who had to replace one on his 620ti recently. Ouch! For a bolt and a few bushes.....

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
Well done MG John, They are indeed anti roll bar bushes links. The idea is just to change the bushes and re-use the washers and nut/bolt and spacer. Hear is the part numbers,

RYF100150 x8
RBX100400 x8
RDF100020 x4
RDF100010 x2
RYH10026 x2
RHD100060 x2

Thats for the whole lot including new bolts, washers and lock nut.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help guys I knew I should have known what it was, but i've been having one of those blonde days (sorry if I caused any offence), does anyone know if anyone makes uprated bushes for these, i.e. like the powerflex ones (the rover 600 is not listed on their site).

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Looking again I can see a threaded area at the top of the linkage. Feel a bit of a pillock now, top work guys.

:getcoat:

Rik

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
Superflex might do some. I have used there products on a few of my cars with good results and they tend to be cheaper aswell.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Superflex don't list any for the rover 600 but they do list for the 400 are these the same or different?

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,902 Posts
Superflex don't list any for the rover 600 but they do list for the 400 are these the same or different?
If the Honda Accord shares similar suspension components to the R600, then it's worth checking various poly bush vendors to see what is listed for the Accord. Some of the bushes listed for the various Hondas do in fact fit the Rovers and even MG Montegos which share several common parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts