MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zs
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while driving WEST along the A 14 between newmarket and cambridge at lunchtime today i passed 6 container lorries marked up with the m.g. badge and chinese characters.
the reason i highlighted west is this. the A14 is the main east /west route from hawich and felixstowe docks if you want to take goods to the midlands and the north.
these were definately heading towards the midlands,so its possible its stuff thats come from china.
i thought it intresting so i thought i would post it up for you all to see.

·
Registered
297 Posts
and on a slightly different lines i had a customer come in 2day handed over his busseness card "nanjing headed" and after a bit of pushin said things lookin very good. heres hopin

·
Registered
mg_zs
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Windy said:
Which chinese characters?
errrrrr!!!!! pas i was travelling to fast to really tell . probably thier equivilent of a word????
sorry i cant really help much on that as i was overtaking then at the time!!!

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
Incidentally, just outside Small Heath, there are a dozen or so blue and white 20' steel containers sitting overlooking the railway line from Snow Hill toward Warwick, marked variously 'Rootes Group Limited', 'Hillman' and 'Chrysler UK Limited'.

They look like they've been there for years... decades perhaps, but a little piece of British industrial history nonetheless.

Regards

John

·
Registered
mg_zs
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Windy said:
Wow, those spare panels arrived quick:

i didn't realise what was meant by that picture until now as i've just read your post today on chinese news thread'
is it possible the photos are a few weeks old but only just been released to coincide with the x-part anouncement??

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
paynemgzr said:
i didn't realise what was meant by that picture until now as i've just read your post today on chinese news thread'
is it possible the photos are a few weeks old but only just been released to coincide with the x-part anouncement??
First ones were made about 1 month ago and the press anouncement was timed to go with the signing ceremony yesterday but I don't think its possible for a ship to get here in that time! Must have been something else you saw.

paynemgzr said:
errrrrr!!!!! pas i was travelling to fast to really tell . probably thier equivilent of a word????
sorry i cant really help much on that as i was overtaking then at the time!!!
:lol: You should learn the two characters M and G - then maybe get advanced and learn the two characters for NAC! Then give up. :beer2:

·
Registered
mg_zs
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Windy said:
First ones were made about 1 month ago and the press anouncement was timed to go with the signing ceremony yesterday but I don't think its possible for a ship to get here in that time! Must have been something else you saw.

:lol: You should learn the two characters M and G - then maybe get advanced and learn the two characters for NAC! Then give up. :beer2:
can i give up before i learn m and g ?? they all look the same to me!!!!!:haha:

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
JohnSwitzer said:
Incidentally, just outside Small Heath, there are a dozen or so blue and white 20' steel containers sitting overlooking the railway line from Snow Hill toward Warwick, marked variously 'Rootes Group Limited', 'Hillman' and 'Chrysler UK Limited'.

They look like they've been there for years... decades perhaps, but a little piece of British industrial history nonetheless.

Regards

John
You mean you haven't heard about the plan to restart Humber Road? :run!:

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
gooseman said:
NAC's Logo:

Blue disc with white writting is in english.
Red script is in chinese.
Looks a little different in print though - 南汽

As can be seen, in chinese it is two characters.

·
Registered
21,131 Posts
With all due respect Windy, that Chinese writing could say 'Golden Honk Chinese Take Away' and I'd still be none the wiser :err:

John

·
Registered
11,387 Posts
Phil_216sli_Mk3 said:
Are you sure you havent got it wong? :gfight:
Of course it is wrong, Nanjing don't just make cars - they make Trucks, Buses, SUV's etc so "Automobile" is the correct word not "Car"!
:gfight:

South is correct but then, that is the meaning of the name "Nanjing"!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts