MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Logical to do this, having seen the "best 5" thread. Two rules only: must be currently on sale, and no more than 2 BMWs in each list. Here's mine:

Mitsubishi Carisma

Fiat Doblo

Tata Safari

BMW X5

BMW 1-series

·
Registered
984 Posts
ALL post Bangle-bungle BMW's (7er, 5er, 6er, Z4, 1er - that should count for 5), despite how well they drive and all the technology they carry, I'm still superficial and can't stand their looks.

Hyundai Excel/Accent - popular riceboy choice in Oz. It's always sad when they try to dress up shopping trolleys - they're designed to be inconspicuous for good reason! I guess the same goes for the Novas and Saxos in Europe.

Old Marcoses - can't stand the way they look.

Fiat Brava - had the displeasure of renting this car when was in the UK a few years ago. Dreadful gearshift.

Toyota Camry - there's nothing wrong/good about them - that's the problem. At least Corollas are small enough to be reasonably zippy and nimble.

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
  1. Tata Indica.
  2. Fiat Multiplank.
  3. BMW 1 Series.
  4. The enitre Citroen Range. (Would you like a discount with your Cardboard and wafer thin plastic, Sir?)
  5. Peugeot 206 + 607 (that big executive thing.)

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Street Boy said:
1. BMW X3
2. BMW X5
3. BMW 1 Series
4. BMW 7 Series
5. BMW 5 Series
I take your point, but remember, no more than 2 BMWs!

I'll take the opportunity to do a few more:

Mitsubishi Shogun Pinin

Maybach

Mercedes Benz A class

Jeep Wrangler

Vauxhall Corsa

·
Registered
796 Posts
But I just don't understand some people on here being so 'Anti-BMW'Just face it, there obviously doing something right coz there not going Bust like MG-Rover

·
Registered
548 Posts
Rob_R200 said:
Oi leave BMW alone, juz coz u cant afford to drive one! :lol:
I could comfortably buy a BMW if i wanted one.

Its just that i prefer cars that dont look like they have been styled by a 5 year old and get ripped off thats all

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rob_R200 said:
But I just don't understand some people on here being so 'Anti-BMW'Just face it, there obviously doing something right coz there not going Bust like MG-Rover
Well, they ain't getting the motorbikes right. Heard of all the bother they are having with their new K1200 - S ( I think that's the name) which has had to be withdrawn from sale - twice - because they are having engine problems that they don't know how to fix?

·
Registered
796 Posts
Street Boy said:
Its just that i prefer cars that dont look like they have been styled by a 5 year old and get ripped off thats all
Yeah, but at least u know if its an '04' Plate is a Brand new, Fresh design but with a Rover/MG it's an 8 year old design

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
FGS.

Why can't anybody say a negative comment abut BMW without someone saying that? I can see what he means, these new Beemers are trying to be something they are not, stylish. Beemers are meant top be boxy, practical and powerful. The last 2 are covered but the first has been thrown out of the window sadly.

·
Window Licker
22,048 Posts
1. B*W 1 series - Overpriced rubbish!

2. Citroen C3 - Plastic fantastic!

3. Peugeot 407 - Looks horrible!

4. New Golf GTi - Designed by lazy people on a Friday afternoon "Let's just copy the Seat Ibiza and go home early"

5. Porsche Cayenne - Why bother?!

·
Registered
classic_mg
5,392 Posts
1) BMW 5-series
2) BMW 3-series
3) VW Golf MK 4
4) Audi S4
5) Audi S3

Agree with Bazzer - I'm fed up of the BMW wanna be owners (unfortunatly this comes mostly from the mk3 200 modders club) making a row when anyone says something bad about BMW. This is a friggen MG Rover forum - BMW get away pretty lightly as it is, in my opinion!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Red Rover,

This might be an MGR forum, but your on the "non MGR" section, so there's no reason why the guy can't comment about BMW positively. Obviously if he did it in the MGR related chat then he would be rightly flamed. :guns4:

For what it's worth:

1 series
Kia anything
X3
Mercedes M class
VW Phaeton

1 - 20 of 53 Posts