MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got my new n95 today...went to insert it into my cradle...theres no wee connection at the bottom of the fone that fits into the cradle!!!

am i missing something? surely all nokia phones fit the connection in the car handsfree kit? i know not all cradles are the same size, but surely the connection is the same so all i need to do is buy a new cradle!?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
just got my new n95 today...went to insert it into my cradle...theres no wee connection at the bottom of the fone that fits into the cradle!!!

am i missing something? surely all nokia phones fit the connection in the car handsfree kit? i know not all cradles are the same size, but surely the connection is the same so all i need to do is buy a new cradle!?
No, the N95 is unique and will not work. They have a reputation for it and you're best to sell it to me for £40.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Certainly my wife's Nokia doesn't fit into the cradle in my car, which takes a 6310, but I believe you can get an insert/converter, I've seen them on ebay, but obviously don't know what phones they fit.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Do's the cradle unplug or is it hardwired? Some of the early Nokia kits were cradles connected to loom. Is there a plug on the bottom of the cradle? if so you should be able to unplug and plug in new cradle. I don't know this particular Nokia so maybe if no connectors on the bottom its a no go ?
Dave

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah the cradle unplugs, thats why i thought i could just get a new cradle...there dont seem to be any connectors on bottom ofphone tho!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts