MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
MY car had been using coolant for a while (max to min every 800 miles or so) and i'd been topping it up, however recently its use accelerated rapidly and resulted in the car overheating.

It never hit the red zone, highest was about 3/4, I nursed it home and had a look under the bonnet.

The radiator was leaking and further investigation revealed it was pretty shot throughout, the bottom mount had rotted away and was dribbling coolant, so I replaced the radiator.

However the car is still overheating. The fan works because i can hear it when i pull up. Again it never hit the red zone but im worried something has gone seriously wrong.

There is no mayo, no oil in the coolant tank and it doesnt use oil but it does steam for 30 mins or so.

Im guessing the water pump may be at fault, beyond that im praying something major hasnt warped. anyone any ideas?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Hi there and welcome :)

Make sure the cooling system has been bled properly - do a search if you are unsure how to do this.

Is there any evidence of any coolant leak near the waterpump? If no, then i'd get the cooling system bled properly first then take it from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.