MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Brilliant that! Is that the oil temp guage next to the driver and if so, is it really pointing straight up and down? Is that OK if it is?

It sounds brilliant too!

·
Registered
821 Posts
Cool vids Herbie (also nice to meet you at the Waterman!) albeit some 'interesting' lines through some of the corners.

I'd really love to take the NOSCAR around the 'ring - it's one of the all-time greatest circuits, along with Spa and Le Mans, although I'm not sure of the legality of driving through Germany with a car with NOS (even if I don't use it on the public roads).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi..
..just registrated in this Forum. I´m the guy who drove that TF round the Ring.
Hope you enjoyed my videos, so thx to Herbie for linking them.
In the moment i´m working on a small movie about that weekend, so if you want to i´ll post it when i finished it. (Hope my english is good enough to understand :dunno: )

Greetings from good old germany

·
Registered
12,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Cool vids Herbie (also nice to meet you at the Waterman!) albeit some 'interesting' lines through some of the corners.

I'd really love to take the NOSCAR around the 'ring - it's one of the all-time greatest circuits, along with Spa and Le Mans, although I'm not sure of the legality of driving through Germany with a car with NOS (even if I don't use it on the public roads).
Yes Debs, t'was also very nice to have met you at Waterman :)

I don't think it'll be legal cos of some restrictions stated below:

- It'S prohibited in the STVO (Straßenverkehrsordnung, traffic regulations)
- You'll need TÜV approval
- Laughing gas is hazmat (transportation issue)

I am no jurist but read it somewhere that you run the risk of a temporary closure of you car even when having such a system fitted.

... not completely informed about these rules

Hi..
..just registrated in this Forum. I´m the guy who drove that TF round the Ring.
Hope you enjoyed my videos, so thx to Herbie for linking them.
In the moment i´m working on a small movie about that weekend, so if you want to i´ll post it when i finished it. (Hope my english is good enough to understand :dunno: )

Greetings from good old NORTHgermany
Cool coool cooooooooooolio Dennis :D

Welcome to .org mijn Jung, I felt so free to add a little bit of location to
your greets :lol: I am pleased to see you here !

Stay where the fun is, they are lovely here :hyper:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Welcome Dennis. Awesome drive mate. You will see I posted a question about the oil temperature as did Art out of concern for the car. Did it reach those temperatures because of the drive alone?

Your English is excellent by the way. You and Herbie put some of us to shame in the linguistics department :O

·
Registered
12,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The only question I could answer is that the oil temp gauge sits at the same postion like on RHD cars, so you're right when saying next to the driver :)

The temps look quite normal to me re that action (looks like between 120 and 150°)

·
Registered
7 Posts
yepp, temperature reached 140°C at the end of round, after 20 Kilometers, 73 turns and 27°C air temperature.:)
Guess it´s normal for every car. Driving there is not like driving the A1 from Hamburg to Bremen.
After 3 minutes of downcooling it reached the standard 120°C.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Mayhap I'll have to come to the 'Ring' when I get my new engine in. :D

After watching the videos again Herbie, all I can say is that both cars were apexing far too early! Their corner speeds were way slow.

Also, entering bends on a trailing throttle is not conducive to good corner speed as you could see later in the vid when the bike spanks past.

·
Registered
12,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dennis, Du alte Hupe hihi !!! :D Awesome video :broon:
I hope you're both fine down in Hassia, long time no see and hear. Get in gear and join us in Holland if you have a spare weekend in September ! Link below, nu mach ;) ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.