MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, i'm new to this forum and need some help. I recently tried to deal with an oil leak which looked to be coming from the rocker cover. As I removed it this wire wool thing fell out i've attached a pic. I couldn't work out where it came from and it is not in the Haynes manual? any ideas what it is and where it goes? You might have guessed i'm not a mechanic... Sorry the title should read MG ZS Rocker cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
thats an oil seperator unfortunately the whole engine needs to be taked apart to get it back in.Just kiddin there should be a rectangular space for it in the cam cover.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
There should be 2 of em, on a K series anyway. They go where the breather pipes attach to the rocker cover.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
ZS addict said:
Hi everyone, i'm new to this forum and need some help. I recently tried to deal with an oil leak which looked to be coming from the rocker cover. As I removed it this wire wool thing fell out i've attached a pic. I couldn't work out where it came from and it is not in the Haynes manual? any ideas what it is and where it goes? You might have guessed i'm not a mechanic... Sorry the title should read MG ZS Rocker cover.
On my 200 I have 2 of them, its for the breather pipes, so push it back in to a segmented section of the rocker cover where your pipes would suck from..

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
ashy said:
There should be 2 of em, on a K series anyway. They go where the breather pipes attach to the rocker cover.
Just beat me to it ashy, and would you agree they are retained in there with the top end harmonious gasket, when rocker cover is bolted down?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts